I have taught History, Economics and Business to A Level for over 25 years. I also have a Masters in Educational Management and twenty years of senior management experience. Having been a Head of Sixth form and A level teacher, I also have extensive experience of assisting students with UCAS references.
I have been teaching for over 25 years and have taught thousands of students in that time. I have experience of teaching large GSCE classes, A Level classes and tutoring on a one to one basis. I have also coached and mentored colleagues through Nationally recognised qualifications. I am currently an SKE tutor for the Times Educational Institute, mentoring mature students on-line.
Nikki Seal MBA, BA (hons)
47 Lancaster Way, Delapre, Northampton, NN4 8LX
Mobile No: 07(concealed information)
Home No: 01(concealed information)
Conscientious, experienced Senior Manager with a proven track record. Firm believer in developing people and my previous roles have involved the strategic oversight and implementation of all aspects of recruitment, induction, CPD and performance management issues. I have a natural coaching style to get the best from a team, and believe in building lasting interpersonal relationships based on sincerity and trust. I have worked with a wide variety of stakeholders throughout my career and am extremely organised, efficient and tenacious.
February 2016 – present Supply with Simply Education
Spring term 2017 – Present. Teaching -Economics and Business KS3-5 at Campion School
Malcolm Arnold Academy – teaching KS3&4Hums
Autumn term at Rushden Academy –Teaching Hums and English
Spring and Summer term at Weston Favell Academy – Teaching Philosophy and Ethics to KS5
September 2015 Executive Assistant (Maternity Cover)
-February 2016 The Mallows Company (Bozeat) Limited
PA to the Managing Director. Preparing, researching and delivering coaching
and training to external clients such as the CDI.
Organising and delivering coaching to the senior leaders of The Educational Fellowship.
Liaising with UCN on the delivery of Enterprise for Kettering.
The company also organises the Northampton food and Drink Awards and MIN.
August 2014 – 15 Sabbatical – I travelled to Australia (via Hong-Kong and Singapore). I visited South Africa, Mauritius, Morocco and Jordan.
1996 to August 2014: Assistant Head, Guilsborough Academy Trust
1. Member of Senior Leadership Team, responsible for the strategic direction of the Academy and its budget (approx. £7m)
2. Strategic deployment of over 100 staff on an annual and daily basis (involving solving complex logistical problems -eg;Timetable/Calendar/Duties/Daily cover)
3. Performance management oversight for over 100 staff
4. Professional Tutor to all staff, responsible for Professional Development including all training and external accreditations
5. Strategic line management of five department heads including accountability for results
6. Policy development and implementation of Performance Management and performance related pay implementation
1993 to 1996: Team Leader for Work Related Curriculum
Northampton School for Boys
1. Running Careers Education – liaising with employers and further education providers
2. Oversight of work experience – organising placements for students with employers
3. GNVQ examinations co-ordinator and responsibility for administering all internal and external examinations (Annual budget £50K)
1988 to 1993: Head of Economics
Assistant Head of Year
Mark Rutherford Upper School, Bedford
1. Responsibility for curriculum delivery and results at A Level Economics and Politics
2. Dealing with pastoral issues – liaising between staff and parents and external bodies
3. Responsibility for all internal examination timetable organisation and staff deployment
Education and Qualifications
2003 to 2004: NPQH, National College for School Leadership
(National Professional Qualification for Headship)
1996 to 2000: MBA
Advanced Certificate in Educational Management
University of Leicester
1987 to 1988: PGCE
University of Birmingham
1984 to 1987: BA Hons in Economics and Economic History
University of Newcastle Upon Tyne
1978 to 1984: 8 “O” Levels, 3 “A” Levels
Campion School, Northampton
Hobbies and Interests
I enjoy travelling and have visited countries all over the world
I am an avid reader of novels in particular
I regularly attend a gym and am a season ticket holder at the Saints
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|