I prefer to use a methodical approach in teaching. The structure of each lesson begins by recapping the previous lesson to ensure that the student can recall what they have learnt. Each topic is learnt first on a basic level and increases in difficulty as the student gains an understanding of the topic.
I am currently in the final year at John Moores university studying MEng Civil Engineering. I have previous background in tutoring four GCSE level students who gained 2A* and 2As in Maths. Being from an engineering background has allowed me to be a craftsman in the subject and has exposed me to communication skills which can connect strongly with students.
2015 – 2019 Liverpool John Moores University MEng Civil Engineering Expected Result: 1st Class Honours
Second year result: 73%
• Relevant modules studied: Structural Analysis and design, Hydraulics and Wastewater, Construction Management, Engineering Mathematics, Geotechnics, Laboratory Projects and Civil Engineering Project.
• Developing IT skills through the use of programmes such as Tekla, Microsoft Excel, Asta powerproject and AutoCad clearly conveyed by achieving 74% in Engineering Computation.
• Led an end of year Design Project to design a secondary school with links to existing roads. I outlined the brief and then worked with 5 others to plan and delegate tasks. We presented our project in the form of a written report to the design tutors.
• Collaborated with fellow students to perform Laboratory experiments where the results were analysed and interpreted and a report was then written to present and evaluate our findings. In addition, the application of the experiment in industry was discovered to assist our understanding of the topics.
• Third year study involves the further development in the modules studied in first and second year along with individual research into a structural design by using different standards in order to compare relevant modern codes of practice in Civil Engineering.
2012 – 2014 Cardinal Newman College, Preston A level: Maths (B), Business (B) and Psychology (C)
2007 – 2012 Archbishop Temple School, Preston GCSE’s: 11(1A, 10B’s) including Maths (A) and English Language (B)
Positions of Responsibility:
Aug 2016 – Sept 2016 Supervisor
• Managed new agents by walking the floor and assistance given when called upon.
• Managed difficult calls that an inexperienced agent could not handle in order to avoid complaint and deescalate the situation.
Sept 2013 – 2015 College Student Ambassador
• Guided groups of prospective students and their parents upon campus tours on open days.
• Gave talks about what studying at Cardinal Newman College was like.
• Gained confidence in addressing large audiences as demonstrated by giving speeches in school assemblies.
• Established and maintained high standards of behaviour and attitude whilst presenting a positive role model outlook to inspire and motivate other students across the school.
• Elected to be a high school prefect where I oversaw the efficient running of the school during recreational times and delegated tasks to members of sub-groups thus developing my leadership skills.
2012-2014 Human Appeal - Volunteer
• Assisted in a few human appeal charity events at Quwwatul Islam local mosque.
• Supervision of numerous game stalls to ensure smooth running of funfair events
• Encountered and interacted with people of all ages that developed my communication skills and learnt how to tailor my approach accordingly to the individual.
2012 - 2014 Tutoring – Children (aged 15-16)
• Provided GCSE Maths tuition to four people who attained 2A*’s, an A and a B grade.
• Responsibilities included planning weekly sessions in advance and supervising them by giving them problem sheets and clear worked solutions as well as offering help on a one to one basis.
• Communicating throughout the week with the students so they were motivated to keep on top of their studies.
• Helped student who was predicted a grade C achieve a grade A.
• IT: Proficient user of Microsoft packages including PowerPoint, Word and Excel plus software packages such as Strusoft, Asta powerproject, Tekla and Navisoft.
• Driving: Full clean UK driving licence.
• Languages: English (Native), Spanish (GCSE Level) and Gujarati (Secondary)
Interests and Activities:
• Represented school teams for football, cricket and basketball at a competitive level.
• Regularly participate in local football tournaments both in Preston and Liverpool.
• Enjoy travelling across different countries and immersing myself in different cultures, including: India, UAE, Saudi Arabia, France, Turkey, Italy and Spain.
Currently on a World of Work skills program run by the University to help me gain an insight into the core employability and business skills needed for the workplace. The course will develop skills in areas such as networking, team building and delivering presentations.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|