I am a recent graduate with a degree in Masters' of Mechanical Engineering (First Class Honors), and I wish to pass on the knowledge which I have hitherto acquired to students who are currently studying maths and science in either secondary school or college (GCSE, AS, A level).
When contacting me, please tell me what subject you need assistance with, and also the specific area, so that I can have a look over it before commencing with the lessons.
I look forward to hearing from you.
To date, I have mainly had experience in working in the industry, specifically at an oil and gas industry. I have not had much teaching experience, but you will be able to see from my CV that I have consistently achieved high grades in my college and university, and thus, I have ample of knowledge that can be passed on.
University of Surrey: Sep 2011-June 2016
MEng Mechanical Engineering - Achieved First Class Honours
Subjects included: Design Sustainability & Component Production, Multi-Disciplinary Design Project, Thermodynamics & Fluid Mechanics, Statics & Dynamics, Engineering Materials, Vehicle Dynamics, Finite Element Analysis, Numerical Methods and CFD, Mathematics, Electronics, Transferable Skills
Awards/Prizes: Winner of the Instron prize for the best DME group project in Level 1 (a mini hydroelectric generator)
One of three students in the entire university awarded the opportunity to be part of the £11 million autonomous vehicle research programme with Jaguar Land Rover
Awarded three scholarships for outstanding performance in academic studies
Coombe Girls’ School and Sixth Form: Sep 2009-June 2011
Physics-A*, Mathematics with Mechanics-A, Biology-A, Chemistry (AS)-B
2H Offshore Engineering Ltd, Woking July 2014-July 2015
• Worked alongside 48 engineers in Woking and Holland in the biggest Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation project within 2H history
• Part of the Systems team which encompassed controlling configuration data and looking after the overall weight budget of the system
• Undertook strength analysis, first order fatigue analysis (FOF) and vortex induced vibration (VIV) analysis using a specialised FEA software known as FLEXCOM for structural analysis and integrity management
• Involved in being one of three lead engineers in undertaking analysis to determine the effect of seabed subsidence on a riser system, and formulating subsequent mitigation plans
Admiral Catering Group, London Summer 2011, 2012 & 2013
• Involved in serving canapés, bartending and waitering in a variety of events in London
• Sold tickets at the London Eye ticket office for the London Eye and other London attractions
British Heart Foundation, Wimbledon July 2009-Dec 2010
• Interacted clearly and positively with customers and colleagues to ensure the shop was efficient and well maintained
• Served customers behind the cashier’s desk
Team work/leadership Acquired valuable team working and leadership skills throughout placement at 2H Offshore – while being integrated within a diverse range of teams, and being involved in numerous different projects. Also obtained additional team working and leadership skills through various team projects/competitions held at university including the DME project, Formula Student project, and Individual Project (dissertation)
IT Skill Established user in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Also have a progressing knowledge of ANSYS, C Programming, MATLAB, SolidEdge, and FLEXCOM
Financial Awareness Being responsible for a $4bn scope project during placement year enhanced one’s awareness of the commercial and financial aspects of a project
Practical Familiar with many machines such as the SEM, SKP, lathe, milling machine and pillar drill
Creativity To date, have written two allegorical novels (integrating philosophy, psychology, and spirituality)
Problem solving Being faced with real life engineering problems at 2H Offshore (and having to subsequently formulate mitigation plans) has enhanced one’s problem solving skills
Report writing Experience in acquiring data and formulating subsequent reports via various projects held at university and placement year
Dance Member of a Hip Hop squad for three years – going to competitions and performing publicly; and member of a Latin and Ballroom society for a year – where also partook in various competitions
Reading/Writing Enjoy reading allegorical novels; and also personally writing them, in order to express one’s own views, and conveying them in context
Guitar Self-taught guitar player
Formula Student Supervisor of the Systems Integration Team, and in charge of implementing a regenerative braking strategy on the 2015/2016 electric vehicle at university
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, biology lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£18|