Learning works best when you are engaged and can communicate. I personally have never found learning the most effective when simply learning out of a book. I would like to run Oxbridge style seminars where we can discuss the areas of study you want to learn. As well as this I will provide useful material for you, and we can do a series of assessments and work together to improve your knowledge. Depending whether you are a student or just someone wanting to learn more, the classes will be adapted around this also.
I am a soon to be finished masters student in International Security at the University of Warwick, having previously finished my BA in International Politics and Intelligence studies. I have previously taught in my home of Reading, and even for a summer in the Dominican Republic, and so I am experienced in being able to teach. My areas of speciality are Geo-politics, Security, Terrorism and foreign policy, however I have studied a variety of modules with a specialism in most parts of the world. I am a security analyst for Riskline also, and so I am up to date with current affairs.
I am currently studying for my Master’s Degree in international security at the University of Warwick, having previously graduated from Aberystwyth University in International Politics with Intelligence Studies. I am extremely passionate about many sub-fields within the larger scope of International Relations and have enjoyed studying various modules though the lens of security such as ‘Concepts and theories of Security’ , ‘Espionage Studies’ and ‘Russian Security’. However on top of this focus on security issues, I have enjoyed studying other modules such as ‘U.S. Foreign Policy’ , International Relations of the Middle East’ and ‘Global health and development’ to name a few. I have a strong determination to succeed and believe I am a fantastic candidate for many areas in the public sector. As well as outside of my degree I have many interests and an open mind for new experiences. I enjoy meeting and working with new people and would love a job that allows me to experience new cultures. I believe I can be a strong candidate in numerous fields, and not merely something directly related to my degree titles.
POSTGRADUATE DEGREE: MA IN SECURITY STUDIES | UNIVERSITY OF WARWICK 2018-2019
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE: BA IN INTERNATIONAL POLITICS WITH INTELLIGENCE STUDIES | 2:1 | ABERYSTWYTH UNIVERSITY 2015-2018
A LEVELS | AUGUST 2015 | THE EMMBROOK SCHOOL
• Business Studies
• Media Studies
GCSE’s | AUGUST 2013 | THE EMMBROOK SCHOOL
• 14 GCES’s A-C.
SECURITY ANALYST: RISKLINE
March 2019- Present.
• I am undertaking an internship with Riskline, focusing on the European region. In this role I monitor political and security updates in Europe and compile them into reports that can be used to guide people travelling to these regions. Starting off with short reports on updates, I am beginning to compile longer reports on security threats in this region. Under the supervision of a fantastic senior analyst as my supervisor, she is enabling me to expand my work into more areas.
NGO MANAGEMENT: FUNDACION ALDEAS DE PAZ
• I had an internship in Samana, Dominican Republic for 6 weeks, working as part of an NGO team that aimed to improve development in the local community. I was responsible for promoting the foundation to UK universities and companies to raise awareness about the foundations aims, and to try and gain more members. I worked closely with members of the community to organize events such as ‘Café Intercultural’ which would help the foundation establish itself and make important friendships and ties with the community. I also undertook research into finding positive methods of teaching for the children and found both software and learning methods and created a handbook that future volunteers and locals could read in order to effectively work with the children and adults to the highest quality. The team and I worked hard to come up with initiatives that could improve the community, and it worked to a great success. I was part of the original team that brainstormed a crowd funding idea, that would raise money for funds on the school, and it has recently hit its target and enabled disadvantaged children access to health care. All of this required me to understand the states culture in order to maximise results.
SALES ASSISTANT/ STOCK ROOM OPERATOR: CLARKS
May 2014- September 2015. (Seasonal on occasions since)
• I worked with a large demographic to deliver a quality service through the sale of shoes. In this role I worked under conditions that required a quick but quality delivery under strict time conditions and required me to develop my interpersonal skills to work effectively as part of a team and as a leader to less experienced members.
TEACHING ASSISTANT: KUMON
September 2013-May 2014.
• I worked to deliver a clear narrative for children of all ages to improve their skills in subjects at school. I worked as part of a teaching team that had to plan a specific teaching plan suited to each individual child, and to track and monitor their progress.
• Politics: I have a thorough interest in Politics outside of my degree and enjoy studying and reading up on the topic. I have attended events such as a conference talk with former UN secretary-general Ban-Ki Moon at my own doing. I enjoy combining geopolitical knowledge with security knowledge in my analysis of situations.
• Travel/ Foreign affairs: I developed a strong interest in travel since I’ve grown up and enjoy visiting new sites across Europe and the world when I can. In conjunction with my degree I love learning and studying new cultures and their political systems. An example is learning more about the Russian governments political system and travelling to NATO and EU headquarters in Brussels to learn more about their internal structure.
• Security: I am passionate about security issues and enjoy studying them both within my degree and outside of it. Such security issues I enjoy reading about are potential conflicts in the Middle East, such as the proxy war in Yemen between Saudi Arabia and Iran. I enjoy attending events such as the International Security expo in London that can further my knowledge.
• Counter-terrorism: I enjoy studying counter terrorism and its strategies of success. I did my dissertation on the United States counter insurgency campaign in Afghanistan and Iraq and really enjoyed learning about the components of a successful operation. For example, I found the idea of a population centric approach as opposed to a network centric approach an interesting topic.
• Intelligence: This was my first passion in this field and what motivated me to undertake my first degree. I have studied this extensively and enjoy applying different Intelligence fields such as HUMINT and SIGINT to case studies. For example, in Afghanistan a lack of HUMINT by the US limited its effectiveness. This was because terrorists’ groups did not use electronics s a means of communication, meaning SIGINT was not as effective.
• Foreign Policy: I have enjoyed studying Foreign policy throughout both my degrees and make every effort to stay in tune with current affairs regarding this. I enjoy applying theory to different states’ foreign policy to predict its next steps and understanding its motives.
• Intelligence analysis
• Political science
• Microsoft Office
• Communication of all ages
• Emotional intelligence
• Time management
• Writing skills
• Public speaking
• Social media
• Public relations
SUCCESS IN BUSINESS STUDIES-
• I was the sole recipient of an award from my school for my performance and commitment in Business Studies during sixth form.
SUCCESS IN SPANISH-
• During a GCSE celebration evening I received an award to congratulate my efforts in Spanish.
SUCCESS IN IT-
• During a GCSE celebration evening I received an award to congratulate my efforts in IT (DIDA) and Computing.
TEACHING CERTIFICATE FROM THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC-
• In recognition of my time working in the school in the Dominican Republic.
general knowledge lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest current affairs lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, politics lessons for all!
Taking geopolitics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|