I am currently studying for my Masters (MSci) in Chemical Engineering at the University of Nottingham. I am a patient and enthusiastic person with proficient use of communication to explain complex ideas in a simplistic manner. I am able to do any level work from primary school upto and including A levels.
I have previously taught only a couple of students mostly for entrance exams into secondary school, however they have all benefitted immensely and I have even tutored my own siblings enabling them to get into their choice of secondary school and sixth form respectively.
My main motivation for tutoring is to develop myself with expansive learning and communication techniques. My volunteering experience shows that giving back and helping others is also a strong belief of mine.
University of Nottingham – MSci Chemical Engineering (predicted grade: 2:1) Sept 2013 – Ongoing
• Relevant modules – Project management (84%), Design Project (74%), Process Engineering Project (73%).
Dartford Grammar School – Total UCAS Points: 523 Sept 2011 – May 2013
• International Baccalaureate: 36 points.
Dartford Grammar School Sept 2006 – May 2011
• 11 GCSE’s grades A*-B including double English, Mathematics and triple Science.
Teamwork and Leadership
• Led a team of 5 other students in the application of an industry standard design.
• Instituted an effective communication strategy throughout the project with weekly meetings and online performance/deliverable reviews.
• Coordinated teams of 20+ people on street collections for multiple charities.
• Organised multiple charitable events from the ground up, designation of tasks was key.
• Effective time keeping skills were essential for the running of tasks during my time as a Talent Coordinator as multiple interviews had to be scheduled and completed within a day whilst maintaining my other duties thoroughly.
• Analysed data and research in operations and liaised with the group in regards to the findings.
• Presented the overall design purpose and content to senior members of staff.
• Conveyed and conversed with multiple charitable organisations on the best way to fundraise for them.
Karnival Representative Nov 2013 – Nov 2014
Karnival is the largest student run charity organization outside of North America, that over the course of my year volunteering as a whole raised £1.7 million. I was part of a team of 6 representatives that helped to raise £392,000 throughout the year through volunteering, fundraising and organising charity events.
My responsibilities included but were not limited to:
• Arranging and leading street collections for multiple charities.
• Organising large fundraising events alongside charities.
• Organising charity collections at large events, for example Cheltenham races.
Shapecast Ltd, Talent Coordinator July 2014 – Sept 2014
Daily responsibilities included but not limited to:
• Updating the recruitment spreadsheets, screening candidates, assisting in the interview process and constructing documentation for new inductees.
Language: Spanish (ILR 2) and Japanese (ILR 1).
IT/Software: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products, Autocad, Hysys and Simulink.
Football: Have played competitively since I was 10 years old; both at clubs and for multiple societies at University.
Running: Have started long distance running with aims to complete a marathon in the near future for charity.
Reading: Avid reader since a young age, recently read Economics: The user’s guide by Ha-Joon Chang.
References available on request
Alex is a highly qualified student, currently completing his masters in engineering (MSC) at the University of Nottingham. After completion of his IB'S Alex attained good grades, in Maths and Science and this has since translated into strong academic performance within these areas. In sum, I believe Alex to be highly suited to tutoring within these disciplines.
Alex is a model professional, always striving to get the best out of the people he's communicating with. He is passionate about his course and never fails to inspire the people he's around. Alex is an extremely punctual individual, he never misses a deadline, is always on time for his meetings and is often the one to go the extra mile in group projects.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, biology lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|