My teaching method is more theoretical than practical. For me, the most important thing is a strong grasp of the mathematical foundations (especially when you are a student). One simply can't understand modern software in engineering without the fundamental maths.
However, I do discuss practical considerations as well. Especially for more practically oriented designers, it's important to get a good grasp of the physical reality because it usually governs design considerations and construction.
I am not a typical engineer and I am drifting towards applied mathematics in a lot of ways but I do have an appreciation for the practical and business side in engineering consulting.
I am a Structural Engineer with a predominant interest in Computational Structural Analysis. I graduated from the University of Liverpool with a 1st class distinction and following that worked in Industry for Mott MacDonald in the energy sector. I am now doing a Masters in Earthquake Engineering at Imperial College London.
Selling point: I combine a very strong mathematical background with ability to develop bespoke engineering tools in Python/C++ and Structural Engineering expertise to approach problems differently. I've worked on internal software for engineering offices in Industry.
The best price for tutoring would be if you are willing to come to Imperial College London. The price of travel will vary depending on where in London you (mostly depending on the duration of my trip).
Different levels do not get charged any differently. If you purchase 5 or 10 hours the first lesson comes free.
Very mathematically inclined Earthquake Engineering student at Imperial College London. Keen interest in Digital Technology, Data Science and Simulations, combined with academic interests in Risk, Reliability, FEM, and Dynamics.
ASSISTANT STRUCTURAL ENGINEER | 04/2019 – 10/2019
• Use of Python/C++ for application development.
• Use of OpenSees for the development of processes for solving Dynamic Problems.
• Use of Python + Grasshopper/Rhino for data processing and development of add-ins to LS-PrePost.
• LS-Dyna experience and use on non-linear dynamic problems and SAP2000 for Pushover Analysis.
GRADUATE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER | 02/2018 – 03/2019
Groundforce, VP plc
• Use of Excel with VBA and Python for scripting and software links.
• Use of Inventor with NASTRAN, Robot, and Revit for Product Development.
EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING, MSC | 2019 -2020
Imperial College London (current)
• Knowledge of Structural Dynamics, FEM, Risk Analysis and Engineering Reliability
• Very strong interest in Applied Mathematics, Numerical Methods, and Differential Equations
• Ability to code with Python (main), C++ and MATLAB and interest in backend for Numerical analysis and ML.
CIVIL ENGINEERING, BENG (HONS) | 2014 - 2017
University of Liverpool (1st class degree achieved)
• Very strong academic record in all modules related to Structural Engineering and FEM.
• Demonstrated knowledge in the design and analysis of structures.
• Stochastic Model Updating of FEM using MATLAB.
MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE | 2009 - 2014
School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (5.50/6.00 (A))
• Specialization in Mathematics, Computer Science and English.
KEY COMMERCIAL SKILLS
• 2 years of Experience with Python, an intermediate level at C++ and MATLAB
• Knowledge of FEM on a programming level. Commercial use of LS-Dyna and NASTRAN in CAD and OpenSees.
• Use of SAP2000, GSA and Robot Structural for structural analysis.
• Knowledge of parametric design, commercial use of Grasshopper in Rhino.
KEY THEORETICAL SKILLS
• Taken courses in Differential Equations for Engineers, Developing FE using C++ and Machine Learning.
• Very good understanding of the physics behind dynamic behavior of structures and static design.
• Good grasp of probability and statistics and understanding of Risk and Reliability in Engineering.
• Interest in procurement processes and the impact of digitalization on the lifecycle cost of construction.
• Play Volleyball at a National League level in England.
• Love outdoor activities, hiking, and climbing.
• I have a German Shepard.
• Extrovert and dynamic enjoy working with and being around people.
• Love stand-up comedy.
engineering lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest civil engineering lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, building lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£32||£10|
|10 hours||Not available||£300||£100|