I can teach up to GCSE level Chinese or HSK level 1 and 2 with a focus on writing, reading and vocabulary. I am very flexible with teaching style, depending on how the student best learns but I have found that with learning Chinese there are some very simple memory tricks that help to make the language a lot easier to learn.
I have a degree in History and GCSE, A-Level and HSK level 4, which I passed in the top 10th percentile, in Chinese. I have spent a year in Beijing and am currently studying for a Masters in Advanced Chinese Studies in London.
I am a current student at the School of Oriental and African Studies doing a Masters in Advanced Chinese
Studies. I graduated from the University of Sussex (History) with a particular interest in languages, music and art. I have experience in catering, customer service and administration. Having spent over 15 months in Asia, I have learnt to interact with people of different cultures and fully immerse myself in and get the most out of new experiences. I have HSK level 4 in Mandarin and a basic grasp of Italian.
M.A. Advanced Chinese Studies September 2018 - Present
SOAS, University of London
B.A. (Hons) History (2.1) September 2014 - July 2017
University of Sussex
International Study Abroad Programme January 2016 - May 2016
Chinese University of Hong Kong
3 A Levels (History, Mathematics, Chinese) September 2011 - July 2014
Mander Portman Woodward
FASHION ILLUSTRATION GALLERY / TANYA LING STUDIO, London February 2018 - September 2018
● Answering emails and phone calls regarding sales and enquiries
● Gallery management
● Organisation of files
● Marketing and writing press releases
● Managing social media accounts
HMLTD , London May 2017 - Present
Assistant for Set Design
JOE & CO. BURGERS, London August 2017 - October 2017
FIRST SERVE CATERING , London May 2014 - August 2017
ROAD TO WIMBLEDON , London May - August 2016
Tournament Assistant May - August 2017
● Interacted with players and parents.
● Data input (Excel).
● Organised tours and museum visits.
SAFE HAVEN BRIGHTON , Brighton December 2017 - June 2017
● Cooked for large numbers of people.
● Interacted with guests in a friendly manner.
● Organised and cleaned space.
YOUNG ARTIST , London June - July 2015
Administration June - July 2017
● Input financial data.
● Filed artworks.
ARTS AND ANTIQUES FAIR OLYMPIA , London June - July 2016
● Participated in organisation of display for Fashion Illustration Gallery.
● Presented artworks to potential buyers.
● Answered questions regarding artworks.
WPL , London July 2014
● Internet research into various products.
LAMBERT SOUVENIRS , London June - August 2013
● Stocked shelves and organised displays.
● Answered questions regarding merchandise.
GAMESYS , London June 2013
● Testing and analysis of games in development.
● First Sussex student to receive British Council Scholarship for study in Hong Kong (2016)
● Bronze Award UK Maths Challenge (2014)
● CIFE Award for GCSE results (2012)
● Mander Portman Woodward Laura Freeman GCSE Award (2012)
● Mander Portman Woodward Academic Scholar (2012)
● Emanuel School Academic and Art Scholar (2008)
ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
● Grade 4 flute
● 3rd Prize National Chinese Calligraphy competition
● While studying at the Chinese University of Hong Kong helped to develop Goldfish TV, a blog about
experience and nightlife in Hong Kong, which now has over 8,000 followers
● Developed art courses for young people at Ullens Centre for Contemporary Art in Beijing, 2011
● Helped to organise annual Chinese New Year festivals at Mander Portman Woodward School
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - chinese lessons for all!
Taking written expression - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|