I am able to give private lessons to high school students and undergraduate students. I use low tech, student-centered approach to learning. Students are given homework and small assignments to check their improvement. Feedback is also provided to observe and overcome each student's weaknesses. I prefer to interact personally with my students to help them feel comfortable to ask any questions they may have, without hesitation. I also provide handwritten notes, which is more effective than typed notes. Moreover, i do small daily tests to check any previous difficulties my students may have from the last lesson. This is a method called "learning-by-doing".
I am a postgraduate student in the field of Biostatistics. I have a Bachelor degree in Mathematics and I am going to get my masters degree on December 2019. I have been giving part time private lessons for 4 years. My students who were struggling in maths, manage to pass their exams and achieve their personal goals.
University of Glasgow, UK Sept 2018- Dec 2019
• Subjects: Biostatistics, Bayesian Statistics, Generalised Linear Models, Statistical Inference, Data Analysis, Introduction to R programming, Regression Models, SAS, Big Data Analytics, Probabilities
• Laboratory skills: Interpret statistical results, Analyse data, Write reports
• Final Thesis: Bayesian Linear Models and Bayesian Lasso-Communities and Crime Data Set
University of Nicosia, Cyprus Sept 2014- Jan 2018
BSc (Hons) Mathematics:
• Subjects: Linear Models, Probabilities, Partial Differential Equations, Numerical Analysis, Programming Principles, Mathematics with computers, Calculus for the life sciences.
• Laboratory skills: Solve large mathematical problems, sketch graphs, create programmes
• Special topics: Dynamical Systems, Symmetry analysis of differential equations, Fourier series and Orthogonal functions
Pizza Hut, Cyprus Feb-July 2018
Municipality, Cyprus Summer 2016-2018
• Responsible for balanced cash draw at close of shift
• Interacted with diverse customers
• Completed duties under adverse weather conditions
• Solve billing problems and handled customer inquiries
• Interpersonal Communication
• Customer Service
• Basic (PC) Computer Knowledge
• Quick Learner
• Loyal and Discreet (maintain confidentiality)
Volunteer, Cyprus Feb-June 2018
University of Nicosia, Cyprus Part time 2015-2017
• Prepare lessons, assign and correct homework and tests
• Evaluate students' progress and discuss the results with students and/or their parents.
• Created special handouts, study guides and assessments to evaluate and boost student knowledge.
• Stressed importance of good study habits and developed homework schedules, encouraging students to create personalized study plans.
• Educated students on strategies for effective studying, note taking and test taking.
• Worked with students in classroom and home environments to provide personalised educational support.
• Decision Making and leadership
• Time Management and organizational skills
• Self-motivation and creativity
• Analytical and detail-oriented
• Friendliness and positive attitude
• Responsible and efficient
• Written and Verbal Communication
Languages: Native Greek, fluent English
IT Skills: SPSS, C++, MATLAB, Visual Studio, R Studio, SAS
• President at the mathematics society at University of Nicosia (organise seminars and events),
• Participate in school choir
• Piano-level 4 certificate
• Dance- certificate
• Clean public areas off the rubbish,
• Participation in school celebrations (speeches on National celebrations and participation in school plays),
• Organise karaoke party for the Karaiskakio foundation (collect money for people with leukaemia).
• Music-school competitions,
• Photography-Instagram account,
Other information: Driver’s license, First aid kid diploma
She is a very passionate person and willing to help as much as she can her students. She also has a very special way to connect with people and share her knowledge.
I trust Eva as a math teacher because of her experience in teaching and that she loves mathematics. I believe she will promote and her students to love maths too!!!!
I have been known Eva for quite a long time. I have the pleasure to be her friend, so I dare say I know her pretty well. Eva has a tremendous ability to communicate with her pupils and the people around her. She tries to adapt every time according to the situation. I have seen her teaching, and if I would be honest I have learnt a lot from her myself. All of her pupils have shown a great progress in terms of critical thinking and their grades have been improved a lot. In my opinion, her strengths lie in her honesty, her hard work and her passion for both mathematics and achieving her goals. If you want to learn methodically and effectively, I ensure you that you would not find a better tutor than Eva.
Eva has a tremendous ability to understand and help her students! I had the opportunity to know some of her students and after attending private lessons with her they showed great progress. In my opinion, her greatest strengths lie in her honesty, her hard work and her intelligence! I fully recommend Eva for the position of a tutor!
Great tutor excellent job and education
Willing to help and teach
I know Eva quite well, we know each other for almost a year now. I trust her because I know that when she wants to do something she will, and she also helped me in the past. She is very good person and she's really good in maths, compared to me, I am a scrap in maths. So I recommend her a lot, I really do, she's awesome!
She loves her studies and also she loves transmitting her knowledge to others!
Because she is my sister!
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||£15||Not available|