I am a second year student of Mathematical, Statistical and Actuarial Sciences at Heriot Watt University, predicted a first class degree. As a friendly and patient tutor, my teaching style appeals to all styles of learning. I place a lot of importance in understanding the requirements of my students and encouraging passion for my subject.
I have experience mentoring and tutoring young secondary school students in mathematics (11/12 year olds who were below the national average) during my time at Sixth Form. I also have experience explaining difficult concepts to my peers often at university. However, I am new to this style of tutoring.
GCSEs, The Priory Academy LSST, Lincoln (2012/2013)
• Mathematic [A*] • Science [A]
• ICT Double Award [A*, A]
• Additional Science [A*] • Applied Mathematics [A]
• Religious Education[A]• Methods of Mathematics [A*]
• French [A*] • Drama [A*]
• English Language[A] • English Literature [B]
• History [B]
AS/A Levels, The Priory Academy LSST, Lincoln (2013-2015)
• Mathematics (A level) [A]
• Physics (A level) [C]
• French (A level) [C]
• General Studies (AS level) [B]
• Government and Politics (AS level) [C]
Hostessing, bar work and waitress for Selective Personnel.
Waitress at restaurants (May 2014-September 2014, March 2015-July 2015, Aug 2016-Nov 2016)
• Waitress and member of the Front of House staff at Castlegate Indian Restaurant, Lincoln.
• Waitress and member of Front of House staff at The Bronze Pig, Lincoln.
• Waitress and Barista and Veeno Italian Wine Café.
The above demonstrate strong skills interacting sociably and using initiative in unfamiliar environments.
Aid to professional counsellor (June 2014-present)
• Helping with business accounts, marketing, graphic design and general administration work for an accredited counsellor. Demonstrating reliability, flexibility, compliance and organisation.
Chairperson of the School Council (September 2014-May 2015)
• Leading the School Council during my time at secondary school, showing leadership and the ability to work to deadlines under pressure whilst liaising comfortably with peers.
Managing Director of Young Enterprise Team (September 2014-May 2015)
• Successfully organising a team, imagining, creating, selling and distributing a product to the public. Showing entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility and the ability to apply myself beyond my comfort zone.
Volunteer for Festaff (Summer 2016)
• Executing tasks to ensure the safety and happiness of festival goers at T in the Park and Isle of Wight Festival. Helping the smooth running of the festivals and heightening communication skills as part of a team.
• Communication and Teamwork: the ability to liaise between colleagues to bring proposals into action. Experience in mentoring children struggling with mathematics showing the ability to adapt my communication skills and recognise the achievements of others.
• Mathematics: strong in numeracy and logic
• Dance/Performing Arts: dancing in a society at University, attending classes and participating in competitions within the community. Interest in Theatre, performing as part of a Drama Club during school and performing in Pantomimes at the Lincoln Theatre Royal.
• Languages: proficient in French.
• Excel and computer skills: very proficient in Microsoft excel with experience in the programming languages R, Maple and Matlab.
• Politics: Up to date with current affairs with participation in the Socialist Students Society and Debating Society at university.
Mary is a very engaging student and tutor with a lot of enthusiasm and motivation for her subject.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£14||£11|
|5 hours||Not available||£65||£55|
|10 hours||Not available||£130||£110|