- I will make sure that the first half of the lesson is to understand the concepts and in the next half the student becomes a teacher and teaches me back to gain confidence
- It is important to keep attempting questions and make mistakes prior to the actual exam and as a tutor, I will make sure that more of it is practised.
- Organisation is important - We will attempt to stick t our time table with set dates and deadlines. The aim will be to leave enough ays for revision.
- Lastly, we will keep learning new concepts together rather than the student feeling too much pressure, we will make it feel like both of us together in it!
- I have studied Mathematics (A), Biology (A), Chemistry (A), Psychology (B) at A levels and graduated in Economics at University of Nottingham. Post the graduation, I worked in Investment Banking such as HSBC and JP Morgan. While working, I also achieved Chartered Financial Analyst level 1
- I am friendly, enthusiastic about the subjects, keen to learn and cant work without organising the timetable! I feel all this should help me and my student to achieve the results
- I have tutored during schools and while my work in India, also volunteered to teach students living in extremely poor conditions.
My Work Experience:
HSBC SUMMER INTERNSHIP
• Coverage Relationship Management: Internship in Infrastructure and Transport sector. Worked across ten clients providing financing, Bonds issuance, Liability management, Digitisation products. Workshadowed across different product sectors such as asset servicing, export financing and asset backed securities. Prepared deals, yearly reviews and risk management documents of clients.
09/15-04/17 J.P MORGAN Bournemouth, UK
• Analyst, Credit Risk: analyse data and report on monthly and quarterly basis
Analyse data and make calculations using internal metrics to senior managers of different legal entities. Also involved with projects to automate the reporting processes
09/15-04/17 J.P MORGAN Bournemouth, UK
• Analyst, Asset Servicing, Corporate Actions Team: process, settle and document complex trades.
• Analyse procedures to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve Straight Through Processing times; developed expertise in the price impact of corporate actions on financial products.
06/14-08/14 J.P MORGAN London, UK
• Intern, Prime Brokerage: worked with Sales/Traders to service large global corporates and banks; gained a sound understanding of stock lending and the efficient use of stock and cash as collateral.
09/13-09/14 TEAM UP London, UK
• Mentor: provided academic support, assistance and encouragement to young people from low socio -economic backgrounds at local public schools; enhanced my communication and leadership skills.
09/13-09/13 AGILISYS ARCH London, UK
• IT Apprentice: rigorous training in project management, research and analysis, and data modelling.
07/13-08/13 MASTER TRUST Ludhiana, India
• Finance Intern: gained an insight into commodity arbitrage, equities trading, funds, derivatives and risk management; sharpened my skills in financial data analysis.
04/13 – 04/13 J.P MORGAN Bournemouth, UK
• Spring Intern: work-shadowed and networked with professionals in Compliance & KYC divisions.
08/12-10/12 WALIA & WALIA Punjab, India
• Accountancy Internship: prepared final corporate accounts, VAT returns and bank reconciliations.
09/11-09/11 DR KENNEDY SURGERY CENTRE London, UK
• Management Assistant: managed appointment scheduling, patient records, test results and referrals.
07/11-09/11 TERTIARY HOSPITAL Punjab, India
• Customer Care Liaison: devised and presented new procedures to enhance efficiency and client care.
• Career achievement: consistent record of excellence and regular promotions at JP Morgan, from Spring Intern to Summer Intern to Analyst, in recognition of strong financial knowledge and outstanding work ethic.
• Leadership: regularly selected to leadership roles at JP Morgan, including as a Delegate on the People Agenda and Mobility Committees, and as a careers Mentor to university students.
• Dedicated volunteer: key member of Nottingham University team volunteering at student events; engaged with local charities to lobby for and raise funds to improve health and safety in impoverished areas in India.
• Professional skills: committed to enhancing my professional skill-set; participated in the 2012 RBS Professional Development Program, LSE Investment Banking Conference, Foreign Exchange Seminar & leadership training.
• Interests: regularly practice ballet, belly dancing and meditation; keen swimmer and craftsperson.
• IT Skills: proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint); VBA programming.
• Languages: fluent in Hindi, Punjabi and English.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|