What do you want to be when you grow up? 4 year old Jese said ‘I want to be a teacher’.
Being the oldest sibling of my family and the first to attend university, I started teaching from a young age. I started private tutoring at the age of 14 and 10 years later my passion for tutoring has endured and I now have a number of students who I teach on a regular basis. I also teach Japanese Abacus and I have students as young as 4 up to 18 years old. The parents of the children I teach have always spoken highly of the impact I have on their children. I love working with students of all ages and abilities, and am intrigued by how I can use various learning styles: visual learning, auditory learning, read/write learning, and kinaesthetic learning to best impart knowledge. Every child learns differently, and I always strive to find the right method and approach to fit their needs. I care about my students and they are a very important part of my life. I am fascinated by how the human mind works and would love to specialise in SEN education in the future.
At the age of 17, I spent time in a school in Uganda delivering full lessons with limited training or guidance – and I loved every second! At school, I always valued the impact my teachers had on me and the lessons I have picked up from them still resonate strongly with me today. It is time for me now to impart this knowledge. I studied Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics & Economics at the University of Warwick. As part of my course, I did a module called ‘Warwick in Schools’ which involved a 10 day placement within a school. This taught me about the various teaching styles, about schools environments and the theory involved in teaching. My philosophy of education following this placement is to create a classroom that is a safe environment for all – encouraging creativity and independent thinking allowing students to mature and grow at their own pace.
I am currently working for Heathrow Airport, as well as teaching 11+/Mathematics/Japanese Abacus among other subejects. I am an enthusiastic, hard working individual, excited by new challenges and willing to challenge existing ways of thinking. I am a team player, who enjoys working with people, can think outside the box and am great at problem solving through logical thinking supported by the work I have done with data analysis at BT and my degree in MORSE. I am keen to always be learning, both in a work environment and through my hobbies, which include playing the guitar, ukulele, singing, running, and learning languages.
2011-2014 University of Warwick
Morse (Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics) - Upper Second Class (2.1)
2004-2011 Langley Grammar School
A-levels: 2A* & 1A - Mathematics (A*), Further Mathematics (A), Physics (A*)
AS Levels: 4A & 1B - Mathematics (A), Further Mathematics (A,) ICT (A), Physics (A), German (B)
GCSE's: 8A*, 3A’s and 1B - Additional Mathematics (A), Art & Design (A), Business Studies (A), English Language (A*), English Literature (A*), German (A*), Mathematics (A*), Religious Studies (A*), Information Technology (A*) Double Award Science (A*A*), Tamil (B)
2016 Integrated Performance Analyst – Heathrow Airport (Current)
• Currently working as a data analyst at Heathrow Airport, reporting on performance metrics across the airport.
• Responsible for monthly reporting, and understanding key drivers behind measures.
2015 Private Tutor/Abacus Mathematics (Current) • Currently working teaching Mathematics at A-level, GCSE, and for 11+.
• Currently teaching at a Japanese Abacus, for children under the age of 11 to help with basic operations.
• Key skills include creativity with teaching, patience and responsibility.
2015 Service & Reporting Manager - Openreach BT (1 Year)
• Projects include: Building and running with a model to calculate task times in order to meet efficiencies needed to deliver business needs.
• I managed a team of 6 analysts to deliver reporting and analysis on key service measures to aid the operational teams to deliver service on time for customers. Involved understanding financial insights, as well as operational needs.
• Key skills include people management, stakeholder management, organizational skills, presentation and analytical skills including excel, SQL, and project management.
2014 Capacity Planning – Openreach BT (1 Year)
• Role involved producing Non Pay forecasts for Openreach, first time forecasts has been done both for finance and for supply chain purposes. Developed skills in budgets and financial forecasts.
• Delivered Fleet, Motor Transport, and Tools models/forecasts.
• Key skills involved stakeholder and client management, problem solving and determination.
• The ability to learn quickly and crunch large sets of data also was attained in this role, as well as stakeholder management.
2015 Tutor – Number fit (3 months)
• Taught mathematics at a tutoring Centre for A-level students, on a one-to-one basis.
• Key skills include ability to think differently, ability to relate to others, motivation and endurance in working long hours.
2014 Rough Cut Casuals (3 months)
• This was a summer job at a uniform shop supplying uniform to 13 schools. I developed my attention to detail through quick sales and knowing a large amount about school policies and school uniforms.
• I learnt to interact with difficult customers in high sales periods, learnt to be very proactive and to think on my feet.
2013 Blackrock - Summer Analyst Internship (3 months)
• I was based in the BlackRock Solutions division working in the Clients Analytics Group assisting external clients with their risk reporting. I learnt a great deal about finance, risk and the asset management sector.
• I delivered a wide range of presentations, which greatly improved my presentation skills. I developed skills in Excel, VBA, Xterm, SQL, and BlackRock's internal Systems.
2013 Teaching Assistant- Warwick in schools (2 weeks)
• This involved assisting in a classroom teaching Mathematics. I worked with children that needed extra assistance as well as those over achieving.
• I learnt how best to work with children, teaching techniques and interpersonal skills.
2012 Deutsche Bank (1 week)
2011 Marks & Spencer- Sales assistant (3 months)
2010 Volunteering in Uganda (3 weeks)
2009 Volunteering at Scope – Sales assistant / Customer Service (6 months) 2009 Sports Direct – Sales assistant (3 months)
2008 Logica - Unpaid work Experience (5 days)
Skills and other interests
✓ Computer Skills - Microsoft Word Intermediate, Microsoft Excel Intermediate, Microsoft PowerPoint
Intermediate, Microsoft SQL Server Beginner, Simul8 Intermediate, Wolfram Mathematica Beginner, R
Beginner, CSS (Customer Service System)
✓ Languages - English (Fluent), Tamil (Fluent), German (Conversational), Business Spanish Course
✓ Music/Sports - Classical Carnatic singing (Grade 8), Indian dancing up (Grade 4), Violin (Grade 3),
School, Choir (2005-2011), Faceoff Dance Competition (2013), Play Guitar/Ukulele and Sing, Enjoy
✓ Voluntary - Charity shop (6 months), Uganda (3 Weeks), Support Amnesty International through
✓ Positions held- Senior Prefect (Year 13), School Council (Years 9-11), First Year Mentor (2012-2013),
Events, Coordinator for Tamil Society (2012-2013), President of Tamil Society, (2013-2014), One
World Week Forum Team Member (2013-2014), TriGradathon Logistics- BT (2014-2015)
✓ First Aid Qualified, Full UK Driving License, DBS Checked.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|