I feel that Maths should be made fun and exciting for everyone! When I was working within my teaching placement I had a lot of success organising mathematical treasure hunts and escape rooms. All students across age groups enjoyed competing against each other and the clock to complete mathematical challenges whilst learning new topics. At my sixth form I also organised Mathsaganza, a mathematical extravaganza of puzzles and brain teasers.
I try to tailor my approach to each individual student, picking out problems to tackle problem areas as well as making them fun and exciting! I love a brain teaser and puzzle.
I am Mathematics graduate from the University of Bristol, specialising in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Classical Probability and Statistics. Having attended a specialising mathematics school, I am inspired to share the joy and fun and mathematics with students of all ages. I tutored throughout my university years for GCSE and A Level students as well as taking on a maths teaching placement for 8 months in my final year of university.
University of Bristol (Mathematics BSc), Bristol, UK, 2016 – 2020
- Achieved a 2:1 degree in Mathematics. Completed a final year project on Reinforcement Learning and its applications. Focussed my final year studies on Machine Learning, AI and classical statistics.
Université de Bordeaux (Erasmus Study Abroad Placement), Bordeaux, France, 2018 – 2019
- Completed Master’s level courses in Statistical and Stochastic Modelling taught in French on my 12-month Erasmus study abroad placement.
King’s College London Mathematics School (A Levels), London, UK, 2014 – 2016
- Completed A Levels in Mathematics (A*), Further Mathematics (A) and Russian (A*).
Teaching Assistant – Fairfield High School, Bristol, UK, October 2019 – March 2020
- Provided support to pupils in lower set mathematics classes during lessons. Developed teaching methods through shadowing qualified teachers and seeking feedback to develop my skills.
- Produced a unique maths-themed escape room to promote mathematics across the school. Hand-made materials and carried out special lessons independently.
- Carried out a study and produced a report into the effects of setting in mathematics on attainment within secondary education in the UK.
Freelance Tutor – Bristol and London, UK, November 2016 – September 2019
- Throughout my time at university, I tutored a range of students both through online platforms and privately.
- Prepared students for Maths GCSE and A Level exams, devised independent lesson plans, sought proactive feedback to focus on students’ weak topics and improve exam performance.
- On my study abroad placement in France, I tutored children with French as their native language in the subjects of English and Maths.
Camper Relations Counsellor - Camp Walden, Ontario, Canada, June – July 2018
- Volunteered as a Special Needs Counsellor at overnight summer camp for children abroad. Accompanied campers to daily activities and organised extra-curricular events for the whole camp. Assisted with arts and crafts lessons planning.
- Responsible for cabin of 16 campers aged 12-14 as well as children with special needs within unit.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|