I'm a mathematics teacher to secondary school students. As I'm good at maths, I've had some very interesting jobs such as teaching pilots to fly airliners, electronics engineer in the RAF and being a performance engineer for British Airways. I teach maths in a way that explains how to do it, not just by rote. If you understand what you are doing, you will be able to learn and retain the skills necessary to do well.
I've been teaching for 14 years, and have taught many students, mainly those who found maths difficult and who still stop and talk to me now. Before that, I was a performance engineer and flight crew trainer with British Airways, and before that I was an engineer and trainee navigator with the RAF.
Feb 16 to present
Teacher (Supply) Maths- currently working as a Maths Supply Teacher at the Deepings School, teaching all skill levels in KS3 and KS4. Am also a Year 9 Tutor, and take time to help Year 11s with their after-school revision for Maths GCSE
Jan 16 to Jul 16
Teaching maths to all ability levels at KS3 and KS4. Also tutor to a Year 8 group.
Aug 15 to Jan 16
Teaching mathematics to all year groups in KS3 and KS4.
Jul 14 to Jul 15
Teacher (Supply), Maths
Teaching mathematics in secondary schools on a supply basis. Taught all year groups in KS3 and KS4 on a long term placement at the William Lovell Academy, Stickney, working with difficult and low ambition students, raising their self-belief and confidence so that they can make more positive progress.
09-11-12 to 15-07-14
Teacher (Supply), Maths and ICT
Long term placements at Marshland High School and Middlecot School, Kirton, teaching mathematics to all year groups in KS3 and KS4.
01-09-04 - 31-03-12
Teacher, ICT (Subject Leader) and Mathematics
I have taught mathematics and ICT in secondary school. This has enabled me to acquire the skills needed to work and relate with young adults (up to the age of 16).
29-01-90 – 31- 08-02 British Airways Flight Training, Heathrow Airport
Flight Crew Instructor/Performance Engineer
Performance Engineer, responsible to senior managers for the safety and operational integrity of the long haul fleet in British Airways. Skilled in taking on new technical challenges and rising to meet the heavy workload required. Easily learnt new, complex, software packages required for the job.
• British Airways (1990 – 2001). Managing small teams to incorporate IT in the British Airways product. Also, design and implement new courses for other large businesses, using CBT MS Office and other software packages.
• British Airways (1996). Managing instructors in transfer from national to European legislation, within time scale and with minimum of disruption to training.
• Royal Air Force (1986 – 1989). Managing staff to maintain front line radar installation with associated technical support.
• British Airways (1990 – 2001). Training students using a variety of IT based methods.
• British Airways (1992- 1993). Training pilots and cabin crew in Crew Resource Management, Aircraft Safety Equipment Procedures and ab initio training for new entrants.
• Royal Air Force (1986 – 1989). Electrical engineering Officer. Supervised and managed IT in a front line Radar environment.
Education and Skills
• BSc (Civil Engineering); King’s College, London
• BTech in Management Studies, Fundamentals of Supervision British Airways
• BTech in Weapons Electronics Engineering; RNEC, Manadon
• Engineer Officer Training with the RAF, Electrical systems and communications
• Successfully assessed requirements, designed and deployed technical courses for various companies, utilising all forms of IT.
• Performance engineer – aircraft specific and theoretical.
• Ground school instructor on variety of civilian aircraft, performance, technical, functional, systems and flight operations (aircraft types include 737-200, 737-400, 757, 767, 747-100 and -200, 747-400).
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|