I am a recent maths graduate, graduating with a 2:1 from Royal Holloway University of London; taking a gap year before resuming my masters. My lesson structure would depend on the individual - a 1:1 session that is both suitable for me and my student. I.e; Answering/explaining a given problem set from pupil, or teaching/explaining subjects from textbook according to their syllabus that they are struggling with, etc.
I prefer tutoring informally in a friendly manner as I feel it is the best way to learn and allow pupils to Q&A freely.
I'm a recent graduate so I consider myself to be more approachable and within the age range of most people wanting maths tutoring; and so I feel it would allow us both to communicate our thoughts more fluidly :)!
I've taught family members previously, as well as helping out several friends at university on topics that I found easier to learn/explain; and helping with problem solving questions they did not understand.
I've also held a lecture for a group project for proofs on Arithmetic mean- Geometric mean Inequality in front of my lecturers and students.
I am a recent graduate in Mathematics, subsequent a three-year time-lapse of balancing studies, work and other self-motivated interests. In achieving this, I have shown myself to be disciplined, committed, and determined in accomplishing my ambitions. I have thus also demonstrated flexibility, organising and negotiating skills, a firm sense of responsibility and my capacity to work well under pressure. I’ve gained invaluable problem solving and IT skills by having practiced Mathematics over three years. Furthermore, I’ve acquired excellent written and verbal communication skills and am able to relate to a wide range of people, as well as being capable of working in a fast paced environment, as proven by my variation in work experiences: health care, medicine, retail, and catering.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Proficient problem solver
• Excellent communication skills
• Original creativity/Innovative skills
• Strong IT skills; Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Well practiced in Mathematical Computation Program; Wolfram Mathematica, MAC Grapher.
• Efficient organiser
• Practised drawing/Illustrational skills
• Excellent customer service
• Flexible, adaptable to different situations & quick thinker.
• Always eager to learn new skills
• People person
• Fluent in English & Urdu, Conversational level in Dutch & Korean.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE: Mathematics
Royal Holloway, University of London
Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1)
1st Year Modules:
From Euclid To Mandelbrot, Introduction To Applied Mathematics, Principles Of Statistics, Calculus, Functions Of Several Variables, Number Systems, Matrix Algebra, Numbers And Functions.
2nd Year Modules:
Vector Analysis and Fluids, Probability, Graphs and Optimization, Ordinary Differential Equations & Fourier Analysis, Linear Algebra and a Group Project (Proof; the maximum of a product x1, x2, x3,.., xn-1, xn being (N/n)n ), Rings And Factorisation, Complex Variables, Real Analysis.
3rd Year Modules:
Number Theory, Computational Number Theory, Quantum Theory I, Non-Linear Dynamical Systems: Routes to Chaos, Quantum Information and Coding, Cipher Systems, Public Key Cryptography, Topology.
2012-2013 A2 Level:
Maths, Chemistry, Physics
Grades: A, B, B
2011-2012 AS Level:
Biology, Further Maths
Grades: A, C
English Lang, English Lit, Mathematics, Science & Additional, Statistics, Art, Graphics, Dance, French, R.E., ALAN – Literacy & Numeracy.
Grades: A* - C
6th January Health Care Assistant | National Hospital for Neurology &
2014 On-going Neurosurgery, 33 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG
• Ensured patient safety, hygiene, and aiding their emotional/physical needs.
• IT Documentation of new patients, discharge, falls, etc.
• Assistance with mobility/transferring & rehabilitation.
• Clinical duties & OBS; ECGs, BP, BGL, MRSA swabs etc.
• Assisting patients’ discharge, escort for appointments/scans.
• Management of ward deliveries.
• Competency in basic life support, and so forth.
3rd November Sales Assistant | Debenhams, Clapham Junction
2013 – 2014 January
• Customer advising, service and enquiries.
• Assisting & submitting credit card applications digitally.
• Keeping shop floor, stock room and displays immaculate.
• Assisting with visuals and designing displays.
• Assist in deliveries, replenishing stock.
• Security and tagging items.
20th May Assistant | Southside Grill, 187 Merton road, London SW18 5EF
2013 -5th January 2014
• Customer service, Financing & Till work.
• Creating, designing and keeping displays spotless.
• Maintaining shop hygiene.
• Assist in food preparation.
5th July Pharmacist Assistant | 145 Franciscan Road Tooting, London SW17 8DS
-16th July 2010
• Stock Control
• Customer Service & Till work
• Cash management
• Handling drug prescriptions & delivering them.
• Blistering medicines.
• Reading, Art, Martial arts, Problem solving, Religion, Culture & Languages.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|