I always start a lesson with students sharing whether they struggle with anything specific if they want to. I enjoy having a two-sided lesson instead of me simply lecturing students and I find it to be much more helpful for both sides. After having a little talk with the student, I usually ask the students to solve a few examples according to their level which allows me to understand what the students' strengths and weaknesses. Then, the most important part for me is to make sure that all of my students have a strong grasp of the basics and when I am sure they do with continue with new material.
I have been giving lessons professionally for a year now. So far I have had four students and before that, I have had a few more unprofessionally. I have taught children, teenagers, and have also had one session with an adult. I had one student with whom I had more recurring sessions because he had dropped out of school and I am proud to say that I helped him get accepted to a new one. When it comes to mathematics, I am currently a university student in my second year studying maths. I have always been interested and, in my opinion, good at my subject and am always happy when I can help others out.
Education / Qualifications
2018 – Present BSc Mathematics with Finance and Economics City, University of London, UK
Modules include: Finance and Finance Reporting, Intermediate Microeconomics,
Introduction to Probability and Statistics
2013 – 2018: Diploma for Secondary Education: 5.83 American College of Sofia,
(A Level equivalent: A, A, B) Bulgaria
2006 – 2013: Diploma for Primary Education: 5.50 St. Sofia, Bulgaria
(GCSE equivalent: 14 A*- B)
Feb 2019- Present Maths & English Tutor JUS Education, London, UK
• Providing tuition lessons in Mathematics and English to students of primary to university level.
• Preparing materials for Mathematics GCSE Examinations.
• Assisting students with entry into new schools.
Jan 2019- Present Brand Ambassador Street PR, London, UK
• Scanning areas and selecting strategic positions around London to attract customers.
• Representing brands and providing the first impression of them to the public.
• Achieving daily targets by signing customers up for various companies and organisations.
• Maintaining a positive attitude and behaviour even when faced with setbacks.
Dec 2018 – Present Hospitality Roles Syft, London, UK
• Working in various hospitality roles, e.g. as a waiter, kitchen porter and bartender.
• Operating as part of a team and individually.
• Managing to meet daily targets and easing the workload of my colleagues by prioritising tasks, managing time, and making sure that the workplace is organised and clean.
• Working fast under pressure and remaining calm in the process.
• Communicating with clients in a professional manner.
• Achieved Health and Safety Level 2 Certificate and Food Safety Level 2 Certificate.
IT Skills / Languages
• Bulgarian (Native)
• English (Fluent)
• Spanish (Basic)
• MS Office (Intermediate)
• Adobe Photoshop (Basic)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£39||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£63||£150|