I am a Mathematics Undergraduate student at the University of Southampton and I would like to give students of various levels (GCSE, A Levels, IB) the opportunity to gain a better and deeper understanding of this subject. This will help pupils gain the necessary confidence to tackle important exams and hopefully develop a passion for Mathematics.
From experience, I understand that mathematics can be a challenging subject to learn and not everyone understands it in the same way. As a result, I do not have a standard lesson structure. I aim to keep my teaching methods open to change and tailor them in order to best satisfy the needs of each and every student. I will thus get to know my pupils and adapt my teaching methodology to their needs. This will achieve better results, in a shorter timeframe!
I have given tutoring lessons for approximately 2 years in a drop-in "Maths clinic". As most of the students came to get help around exam time, I had the pleasure to support many pupils through this stressful time and give them the confidence to take GCSE, A-Level and IB exams.
2016 7 Senses Lab (Shenzhen, China), Software Developer
• Internship in the IT sector and Mathematics Research
• Developing Image Recognition Software (in Python)
2012-2014 Taunton School, Mathematics Tutor
• Teaching Mathematics to GCSE, A-level and IB students
• Tutoring student in need and being always available to help them
• Giving presentations on mathematics-related topics
2015-2018 University of Southampton
• BA Mathematics and Philosophy Combined Honours Degree.
• Year 1 Grades Average: 85% (99% in Logic, 94% Linear Algebra II, 85% Linear Algebra I, 84% Calculus I and II)
• Awards: “Certificate of Excellence” for top performance in Year 1.
First Prize Cryptography Challenge.
• Activities and Societies: Maths Society, Trading & Investment Society, Cyber Security Society.
2012-2014 IB diploma Certificate
• Released from Taunton School with an overall mark of 36 points.
• Subjects studied: Mathematics HL, Philosophy HL, Italian literature HL, English literature SL, Spanish language SL, Design and Technology SL.
• Activities and Societies: Maths Society, Amnesty International, Volleyball.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|