My teaching method is to introduce students to a particular topic, and ask whether there are some parts of the topic/question you are struggling on, or whether the whole concept in unfamiliar. Based on the this I am willing to adapt my teaching technique to the level of confidence the student has on the particular topic. Whether this may be step by step help by working through questions together, or grasping the vital concepts first.
I have volunteered as a teaching assistant in primary school for 2 years. I have taught up to a whole class of students, as well as providing extra one-to-one support to some students. As a result of this, all students have become more confident in the application of mathematics inside and outside the classroom.
In my first year of university I achieved a 1st in Mathematics with Actuarial Science. I have just completed my second year.
BSc Mathematics with Actuarial Science Queen Mary University of London. Expected 2:1. Modules include: computing and data analysis with excel- 87.1% (1st), probability and statistics I- 75.6% (1st), Calculus I- 70.1% (1st), numbers sets and functions- 74.5% (1st) 2018-2021 Wolverhampton Girls’ High School (Secondary School) A-Levels: Mathematics (A), Economics (B), Religious Studies (B).
11 GCSEs including Mathematics (A*) and English Language (A). 2011-2018
Volunteering at Merridale Primary School and Acorns Charity Shop 2016-2018
• Worked at Acorns Children’s Hospice and assisted patients, families, fellow volunteers, and members of staff. Improved
interpersonal skills, and built confidence by routinely attending to different persons on the shop floor.
• Volunteered at Merridale Primary School to help children from less-privileged backgrounds to develop their skills in
Mathematics and English. Conveyed enthusiasm for Mathematics to younger students and communicated academic and social discipline.
FINANCIAL WORK EXPERIENCE
• Brewin Dolphin: Gained experience presenting mathematical arguments to peers and supervisors. Assisted financial advisors in constructing a portfolio that was personalised to each individual client to ensure that their aspirations were met. Participated in various exercises geared towards studying financial risks and uncertainty which highlighted the importance of catering for the future. 2016
• Completed an online course on Future Learn called “Starting a Business: Managing Finances.” The course gave an insight into how forecasting and managing expenses can produce a successful and sustainable business. 2017
FURTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Part-time assistant at Far Forest Stores 2016-2018 Responsibilities included:
• Communication Skills: Dealing with customers complaints and questions in a friendly manner so a good rapport could be created. This is vital in creating loyal customers and maintaining the reputation of the workplace.
• Problem Solving and Working Under Pressure: Had to use initiative if any colleagues were unable to attend work to by addressing the problem and calculating a solution, which often included adapting to sudden changes by reorganizing staff independently.
• Financial Responsibility- Being on the till for several hours where I would serve 60-70 customers; this involved handling many financial transactions which enhanced mental arithmetic substantially.
• Developed communication and team working skills by engaging with various team members in the school cricket team, which led us to compete at the ECB county tournament.
• Member of the enterprise team at school where money was raised for ‘Mind’ and Birmingham Children’s Hospital. Ensured that loans were repaid, expenditure did not exceed the allocated budget and all deadlines were met as the designated leader of the finance team.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|