I teach Maths, Biology and Chemistry to GCSE level, and having taught a wide range of students with various disabilities and from different backgrounds I have gained a lot of experience when it comes to adapting my teaching style to suit the student. I usually like to engage with the student and instead of parrot-fashion learning prefer to get the student involved as much possible, so all-in-all I prefer interactive lessons. I also set homework at the end of each lesson to assess the student's understanding and so that they can revise the subject by the next lesson, which has been received very well by students and parents.
I have been providing private tuition for the past three years with dozens of satisfied and high achieving student no matter what their educational level or disability was, they managed to reach their targets by end of the year with my support. I have also helped student enter university for challenging courses such as medicine and dentistry by sharing first-hand advice and experience.
I am a diligent, reliable and enthusiastic student at King’s College London studying for a Bachelor of Dental Surgery, having finished a degree in BSc Pharmacology at the University of Bristol. I am always committed and very adaptable when it comes to facing new environments and challenges. I often thrive by overcoming tasks and their obstacles through great dedication and efficient time management. Whether it is working within a team or solitary work, I take great responsibility and pride in whatever I do, as I have shown in recent course related projects as well as in my vocational jobs.
• University of Bristol, 2012-2015: Achieved an overall 2.1 degree in BSc(Hons) Pharmacology
• Olchfa School, A-Level grades achieved: Maths (A*), Chemistry (A), Persian (A), Biology (B), AS Physics (B); Chiswick School, GCSE grades: 1A*, 12As, 2Bs
• Private tutor of Maths, Science and university applications- (08/16-present) Teaching students (children and adults) of various abilities and backgrounds on a weekly basis. This role also includes proof reading personal statements. Overall, I found educating others very satisfying and very rewarding when they go on to progress in their fields.
• Bodies Under Construction, Chiswick, London (Physiotherapy, Massage and Pilates studio)- (09/2015-09/2016)-Part time receptionist with administrative and customer facing roles. I ensured the satisfaction of every client whilst efficiently completing various demanding tasks. Tasks included dealing with patient queries and bookings, contacting and submitting to insurance companies, debt collection, stock checking and problem solving to name a few.
• University of Bristol (2014/15) - Senior resident at halls of residence, providing pastoral care to mostly first year students and offering confidential advice which helped to build many trusting relationships. I was also on phone call duties and had to attend weekly meetings.
Tour guide on UCAS visit days, speaking to a range of prospective students, and providing honest opinions and advice
• British Study Centres in Farnham, Oxford and Stonehouse (Summers of 2013-2015) –Working as an Activities Leader organising and running sporting and artistic activities, teaching English and excursions management
• Oxfam (August 2012)- Reading 2012 festival helping to raise £80,000 alongside 700 other stewards to ensure the safety of 105,000 festival campers, for which I had to be alert to make important decisions whilst paying great attention to detail
• Trinity Hospice (Oct 2010-March 2011)-Five months volunteering, general duties, working as cashier and managing shop in absence of supervisor.
Responsibilities and Achievements
• Vice-president of KCL Iransoc (2016/7)
• Course representative for year 2 Pharmacology and Human Anatomy students (2013-14)
• Promotional officer of University of Bristol Dodgeball society committee (2013-15)
• The University of Bristol Peerwise competition winner in Biochemistry (2013)
• Playing football and squash, and going to socials with team mates
• Watching films, especially comedy and thriller genres
• Travelling, as I am always in search of exploring new places and what they have to offer
• Confident user of the Microsoft Office package
• Native Persian and fluent English speaker; GCSE level French speaker
• Full driving license
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|