Hi! I am a friendly, third year student, currently studying mathematics at the University of Durham. I have always loved maths and science and as a tutor I enjoy sharing my passion with my students. I achieved top grades at school, including an A* in maths at GCSE and at A-Level, and achieving a 1st so far in my degree, so I have an excellent knowledge of my subject.
In my lessons we would first identify the topics that the student struggles with and I would create lesson plans to address these issues. In each lesson we would first go over a concept and then go through some questions relating to the topic.
Being a student myself makes me a very patient and understanding tutor as I know how difficult it can be to grasp new concepts. While in school, I had experience tutoring younger students for their GCSE maths exams and I regularly tutor my friends and brother when they are struggling with a topic.
A motivated and hardworking third year Mathematics Student at Durham University. I am problem-solver with a strong analytical mind and a passion for learning. I love to share my love of Mathematics with the students I tutor. I tutor A-Level, GCSE and KS3 Mathematics.
Master’s Degree in Mathematics:
• Averaged a 1st in second year
• Modules covering various areas of mathematics including:
Programming, Statistics, Algebra, Mechanics
• Mathematics – A*
• Further Mathematics – A
• Physics – A
• Chemistry – A
• 11 GCSEs grades A*- B including Maths (A*) and English (B)
• Experience through my degree using Python, R and LaTeX.
• Completed a Data Science course by Codecadamy which allowed me to gain experience using SQL.
• A high degree of computer literacy and a good knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Competed in cheerleading competitions for 6 years which has enabled me to communicate effectively to avoid injury’s and unify my team.
• Appointed a prefect in sixth form which required excellent leadership and verbal communication skills.
• Hardworking and responsible individual. This is highlighted by my consistently strong academic performance.
• An excellent multitasker as I consistently balance academic work with volunteer work, hobbies and other responsibilities.
• Completed multiple online programming courses showing that I am motivated to work independently.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£45||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£85||£100|