I take a methodical approach when teaching. I structure my lesson to engage all types of learning and see how responsive my students are to each method. I discuss with parents and tutees their expectations and areas of improvement and tailor my lessons to target those goals.
I am Maths student graduating this summer. I have been tutoring part time throughout my degree and have received consistently high positive feedback. My passion for maths and sciences is an important factor in helping my students succeed and improving on their predicted grades.
An increased charge for A-Level students of £1 extra for all tiers
Cancellation fee will be incurred for cancellations within 24hrs of lesson
I am a self-motivated highly enthusiastic individual who has developed excellent communication and inter-personal skills which are an essential requirement when working in a multi-disciplinary environment. I am an effective team layer but can also work on lone assignments. I have a keen interest to learn and develop new skills
University of Bath, United Kingdom Sept 2015
BSc (Hons) Mathematics
Notable: Introduction to Accounting
MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering Sept 2013 – March 2015
First year results: 2.1
The Latymer School, London, United Kingdom Sept 2011 – June 2013
A-Levels: Further Maths (A*), Maths (A*), Physics (A), Chemistry (A)
St. Ignatius College, London, United Kingdom Sept 2006 – June 2011
GCSEs: 8 A*s 3 As including Maths (A*), English Literature and Language (A*)
MyTutor, Self-employed – Part time March 2018-Present
• Online tuition of: GCSE, A-level, 11+ and more. Communicating professionally with parents to gain tutees.
• Involved in the school training scheme which teaches GCSE students
• Maintaining a high standard with positive feedback given
McDonald’s, Crew Member – Full time April 2015 - Aug 2015
• Working in a fast-paced environment with essential time management skills
• Crucial team skills to ensure a quick service
• Utilising skills taught in training to sell effectively
Mactrac, Self-employed – Part time Dec 2014 – Dec 2017
• Online tutoring of GCSE, key stage 3 and A-level students using an online classroom tool
• Planning and implementing lesson plans for lessons of varying length
• Interacting with parents via reports to help the student to improve, with a 4.5 star rating
Sue Ryder, Voluntary work – Part time July 2014 –Sept 2014
• Interacting with customers to ensure a high standard of service
• Cashing and recording money and gift aid transactions
• Mentoring new volunteers
College of North West London, Voluntary work – Part time June 2014 – Aug 2014
• Organising the data system of candidates participating in the assessment centre
• Liaising with different colleges and service providers and agreeing suitable dates for candidates to undertake their assessments
Bath University Volunteering – Part time Sept 2013 – Sept 2015
• Helpdesk support assistant – Weekly one-hour session to help people receive advice in the advice centre. To do various tasks such as making appointments, recording responses and dealing with enquiries
• THINK week volunteer – Attending weekly meetings to plan and present a focus point that affects students during their time at university.
Student Marketing, Graduate promotions – Casual Oct 2013 – Sept 2015
• Networking with various persons to promote a certain brand/competition
• Writing reports to summarize actions and answer queries to further improve subsequent distribution tasks
INTERESTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Extracurricular Gold and Silver Duke of Edinburgh award
Secretary of LINKs (a branch of St. John’s Ambulance) society at Bath University 2014
Involved with Salsa, Gaming, Debating, Literature and Basketball societies
Volunteered during several events and attained the Silver in the Volunteer Recognition Scheme
Academic Representative for Mathematics 2015-2016
Languages English (mother tongue), French (basic) and Greek (basic)
Sports Athletics, Swimming, Dance (Battle of Bollywood dance team competition and Sher-E-Bath and Bath Jazba teams)
Skills Training classes in Excel, presentation skills and other academic and employability skills
Music ABRSM Piano Grade 8, Trinity Guildhall Violin Grade 3
Qualifications Open University: Oil and Fuel 10 Credit Course - Pass
STEM Enrichment: Excitec Summer School at Imperial for STEM and Physics/Engineering
Headstart course – Physics enrichment at Leicester University
Attended London International Youth Science Forum
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£13|
|5 hours||Not available||£38||£65|
|10 hours||Not available||£62||£130|