I approach teaching through creating a pressure free environment to allow the student to explore mathematics with an open mind. I like to work not just page-by-page through a textbook but rather by focussing on areas of weakness that myself and the student may have discovered. I will never finish a topic unless I am sure that the student understands it thoroughly, whilst I will still ensure I leave no topics uncovered. I also like to make sure the student understands why we do certain things and not just how to do them, a greater understanding of the processes involved always helps in a test situation.
I am a mathematics student who has just finished A-levels achieving A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths, PE. I have been teaching for just over 2 years, so throughout my A-level course. I have taught 4 students privately, and a small group of 4 students in school. These student's abilities and ages have ranged from low-level year 8 maths, up to higher paper GCSE.
Relevant GCSE grades (August 2017):
- Mathematics - 9
- Physics - A*
- Biology - A
- Chemistry - A
- Computer Science - B
- ECDL - IT Application Skills - Distinction*
- English Language - 7
- English Literature - 8
- Sports Studies - A*
A level grades (August 2019):
- Mathematics - A*
- Further Mathematics - A*
- Physical Education - A
Work Experience (October 2017 - Present):
- Working on a 1-1 basis ensuring a good connection is made between myself and the student.
- Working to targets, helping the student achieve their target grade in a time-frame
- Being passionate towards the subject of interest, helping the student to feel passionate towards it too.
- Being consistently punctual, sometimes having to travel.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||Not available|