uition is one-to-one and given online or in person in the tutees own home.
I ask all tutees to aim high and consider obtaining an A grade. My method is:
*at all levels we will work on a review of previous maths. For most this will involve looking at:
adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing — written and mental methods of calculation and estimation
triangles quadrilaterals, and circles
* encouraging you to develop your number skills
*looking at making more of your scientific calculator
* working at mastery of ‘C’ level skills (for those in Scotland and doing Higher the SQA state that 65% of marks in Higher Maths are available at this level). ‘C’ level skills are those that can be practised and hence improved.
* promoting the spirit of mathematics eg looking at some puzzles which are away from the usual maths curriculum
* encouraging the use of common sense
* developing flexible thinking
*putting maths into context — why is maths important to our society?
*bespoke notes developed with you to help you get the maths you struggle with
*help with revision and exam preparation
Ideally I am looking for tutees who feel that they could improve with some input, and who are willing to commit to steady work on their skills. Everybody can improve their maths skills, and thence their grades, with good tuition and personal effort.
I am a professionally qualified teacher, and experienced tutor, offering tuition in mathematics. My method is to instill a positive attitude in my tutees towards their maths studies. This combined with hard work on basics should see them through.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Mathematics to SQA Advanced Higher, plus GCSE Maths and A level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
B Sc Mathematics
PGCE in Secondary Maths
IEE Certificate in Software Engineering
- How much do you charge?
£30 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
I travel to the student's home.
- When are you available?
Monday to Friday 4PM to 7PM. Saturday AM if that suits some people better.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
14 to 18 in Maths.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
A level including Further Maths -- all exam boards
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am available to be contacted via email and my blog at edinatuition.com and also via Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Try to revise as you go along. This should build your understanding and enable you to more confidently learn new topics.
Qualified teacher, PGCE, and B Sc in Mathematics. I havuition is one-to-one and given online or in person in the tutees own home.
It is my aim to offer a dedicated service to people who want to gain more confidence and skill in maths. I strive to deliver contemporary maths tuition up to SQA Advanced Higher, A level and beyond.
- What kind of experience do you have?
4 years teaching in schools in Scotland. 5 years as a private tutor.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a PVG registration from Disclosure Scotland last updated on 11/10/2016
- Where and with whom did you train?
My PGCE is from Durham University.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of The Mathematical Association.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
In 2016/2017 my tutees obtained 3 A passes, 2 B passes, and 3 C passes.
In 2015/2016 my tutees obtained 3 A passes, and a B, plus 6 C passes.
I am looking forward to even better levels of success in 2017/2018.
I am seeing an increase in the number of enhanced grades obtained by my tutees year on year since I started in 2012. I'd like to help you get an A in 2018.
Hi Gary, thought you mayÂ like to know. P got an 'A' and is delighted. Thank you for all your help you really made a huge difference .
We've got you number forÂ J!
Hi Gary. Happy to say she got an A. Thanks for all your help and will be in touch around November time.
Gary great news R got A higher in maths thx so much.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£30|