I have been teaching maths since 1987 starting in the private sector. I worked in a state school for eight years teaching from GCSE to A level Further Mathematics. I also helped a number of students with AEA and STEP.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Mathematics from GCSE to A level, AEA and STEP.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a BSc with first class honours in Mathematics from Goldsmith's College London University where I also won the third year prize.
I also have a BA degree in philosophy and an MA in Death and Immortality in Western Thought, both from Saint David's University College, Lampeter.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £25 per hour for GCSE and A level. At A-level I cover everything except Decision Mathematics.
- Where do you teach?
I teach online or in person at my home..
- When are you available?
I am available on any day of the week and at the weekend.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach GCSE A level AEA and STEP. Most of my students are at school but I am willing to teach adults.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
GCSE A level AEA and STEP.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I do it by Skype and at present I use the AWWAPP whiteboard.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I enjoy teaching mathematics and I find that once my students start making progress and feel more confidence they get more enthusiastic about the subject..
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching Mathematics since September 1987. I have worked as a mathematics tutor in a state school teaching GCSE, A level, AEA and STEP.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have an up-to-date DBS Certificate.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
This year I have had students doing everything from GCSE upwards. With three of them I have worked on STEP.
• BSc Mathematics 1st class honours London University
• M.A. (Wales)
• DBS Certificate
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest further maths lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sixth term examination paper lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||Not available||£25|