- Hourly rate £50
- Response Time 24h
Unfortunately, this tutor is unavailable
Maths Tutor Southall/ Ealing - Mohammed Salim
- at their home
- at your home
Imran is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
About the lesson
I have recently completed my teaching qualification (PGCE) and am looking to do some extra tutoring outside of my regular job. I enjoy travelling and learning about other cultures and have been studying Arabic for just over a year. I also enjoy reading, watching films and playing sports.
I follow a simple four step process to help students succeed in their goals:
1) Building upon what students already know, this saves time and allows students to work on areas they are struggling on .
2) Understanding is crucial in maths everything is logical, success will not be achieved through mere memorisation.
3) Practising important questions the type that are likely to come up in exams.
4) Testing at the end of the session and subsequent sessions, to ensure everything is understood.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
KS3 and GCSE Mathematics.
AS/A-level Maths covering all of the modules.
Futher Maths offered also.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BSc Mathematics- First Class Honours
A-Levels: Mathematics (A), Chemistry (A) and Physics (B)
- How much do you charge?
I charge £20 per hour for GCSE/KS3 and £25 per hour for A-level.
- Where do you teach?
I travel to tutees homes and offer discounted rates for those willing to commute to mine.
- When are you available?
I am available for tuition on evenings and weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach from the ages 11+.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare students for both GCSE and A-level examinations. All of the students I have taught have been successful in their examinations.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Mathematics is perceived as a difficult subject by many, but once you realize your potential you will find it to be one of the most enjoyable subjects out there.
Never doubt your potential, for no goal is impossible.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have quite a lot of teaching experience. I have been tutoring both GCSE and A Level Maths for over 4 years. Students I have taught have been successful in their exams.
I have taught small and large groups in a College in Ealing for a whole academic year teaching both GCSE and A level maths and I am currently working for a successful tutoring company in North London.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have recently been teaching a GCSE student, who was originally on a C grade and after I had taught her for just four sessions her grade improved to an A. I was really impressed by the significant improvements she had made within her approach to mathematics.
I believe students are not getting the due attention they require in schools due to larger class sizes, all of this can have a tremendous effect on a students achievement, but a little push in the right direction can be very crucial in assuring future success.
highly recommended tutor.
my daughter's grade improved in 4 lessons from a C up to an A+.
he teaches in a way that my daughter understands the questions easily.
also with this tutor my daughter has always improved on her ability in maths and she enjoys maths more.
A great tutor, excellent reasoning and explanation. Makes me as a student feel comfortable with my learning and progression, and also teaches in a very simple yet understanding way. In overall a very good tutor and explainer of things.
View more recommendations
- 5h: £250
- 10h: £500