I engage the students in the lesson, involvement and participation is key. I also ensure that they not only know the answers but have a deeper understanding of why. This ensures that they are able to attempt similar questions without needing to memorise formulae. I teach from Year 4 to Year 11
I have been giving lessons informally all my life. I've also run an After school club for two years to teach Maths majorly, especially Key stages 2, 3 and 4. I've taught 15 students formally, most of who belonged to the top groups in their set. It was usually in preparation for their SATs , 11+ exams, and GCSE. They all performed excellently well, of course with a willingness on their part to succeed as well.
Cancellation must be done the day before the lesson, or else thirty minutes charge (£10) will be payable by the client/guardian. If I travel to the customer before the cancellation, the transport cost of £10 will also be charged.
• To be a team player and have a fulfilling career in a creative and challenging working environment.
• To be a part of an organisation where I can contribute meaningfully and develop potentials
• To impact positively on the lives of people I meet and contribute my quota to the world.
Jul 2012 – Date: RCCG, Victory House
Maths and English tutor (After School club) Jan 2018 – Date:
• Coordinating the affairs of the After School club
• Teaching children and teenagers Maths and English
• Helping them with their homework from school
• Conducting monthly tests and assessments
Office Administrator May 2013 – June 2019:
• Maintaining data and accounts
• Excellent management of the office and information as well as quality service delivery
• Acting as the first contact person of the organisation on the phone and in person
• Responding to enquiries/requests and resolving issues
• Filing and record keeping
• Coordinating and overseeing the affairs of various departments and the members
• Rendering weekly and monthly reports.
• Organising the activities of the children, teens and women for special programmes
• Ensuring the welfare of members
• Assisting the Pastor and fellow ministers in coordinating other activities of the church as/when required
Jun 2006 – Jan 2012: Guaranty Trust Bank
Head, Customer Information Service Unit; Teller Captain; ATM Custodian; Vault Custodian
• Excellent management of customer information and quality service delivery
• ATM card/ Master Card/ Cheque book Custodian
• Ensuring efficient service delivery and responsiveness to customers
• Ensuring proper documentation and safety of the customers’ data, records and debit cards
• ATM Management and resolution of ATM issues as they arise
• Vault Management and Cash Management
• Timely generation, rendition and review of reports and registers
• Transfer of accounts, chequebooks, debit cards, master card, visa cards and PIN numbers to other branches upon request.
• Opening and registration of newly opened accounts and preparing/ mailing relationship letters to new customers.
• Conducting periodic training sessions for colleagues in the unit
• Interviewing and shortlisting candidates for employment in the unit.
• Preparing payroll schedule for the industrial attachés.
• Managing the batch/file room by keeping records and updating customer’s information confidently and promptly.
• Maintaining optimum availability of resources as required in the team
• Ensuring the unit compliance with the bank’s standard operating procedures and regulatory bodies requirements
• Supervision of bulk tellers, paying tellers and coordination of the affairs of the Customer Service desk
Jan 2001 – Aug 2004: Helping Every Less Privileged
Student Affairs Officer, Youth/Education Director
• Identifying, sorting and reviewing of students requiring assistance
• Assisting in the on-boarding process of new intakes; reviewing and verifying records.
• Screening credentials for successful applicants.
• Invitation of potential beneficiaries for interview.
• Updating the applicant’s database.
• Rochdale Boroughwide Housing (RBH): Member, Representative Body Sept 2017 – Sept 2018
• Welfare Unit, Teens and Children Department – The Redeemed Christian Church of God (Victory House Rochdale, UK Jul 2012 – Apr 2013, and Hosanna Parish Lagos, Nigeria Nov 2006 – Jan2011
• HELP - Helping Every Less Privileged (N.G.O) - Nigeria
• Care work – With the elderly and children
Sept 2019 – Date: Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, UK
Maths Enhancement Course
Jan 2012 - Jan 2013: University of Greenwich, London, UK
Business and Financial Economics, MSc (Merit)
Feb 1999 - Jun 2003: Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun, Nigeria
Economics, B.Sc. (Second Class Upper Division)
Sep 1996 – Jun 1998: Lagos State Polytechnic, Isolo, Lagos, Nigeria
Accountancy, Ordinary National Diploma (Lower Credit)
Jan 1990 - Jun 1995, Federal Government College, Ijanikin, Lagos, Nigeria
Secondary School, Secondary School Leaving Certificate
Skills and Key Competencies
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Very reliable, organized and detailed
• Achieving topmost quality and result
• Excellent customer relationship and management skills
• Data analysis and processing skills
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
• Documentation and presentation skills
• Strong supervisory, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Knowledge of Business Improvement tools and methodologies
• Ability to work well both independently and within a team
Professional Training & Qualifications
• ECDL Certificate in Information Technology
• Graduate member of Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM).
• Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (in view)
Hobbies & Interests: Calculations, meeting people, mentoring people, teaching, travelling and playing games. In my free time I volunteer to help where necessary.
Languages: Excellent English and Yoruba, fair knowledge of French.
References: Available on request
Seun has been amazing and kept my daughter interested in Maths. Thanks am grateful.
You could tell she was extremely knowledgeable in all areas, easy to understand and doesn’t get frustrated/ doesn’t agitate to repeat steps and is really nice
Oluwaseun has sound intensive understanding of mathematics, she is engaging, a good motivator, constantly learning new materials to update her knowledge and she has a caring attitude.
Oluwaseun is a very caring and supportive tutor. She tutored and supported my children last year and their improvement in maths was obvious, so I recommend her anytime, any day.
This woman is phenomenal with her skills. She has great patience and makes sure that her students understand thoroughly what she’s delivering. Could not think of a better tutor!
She explains the point clearly for her students to understand
Oluwaseun is a trustworthy tutor. She is a brilliant, thorough,and patient tutor . She is very knowledgeable about her subject and will be a great tutor for any student to have.
Oluwaseun is a childhood friend of mine. She's highly intelligent and very hardworking. She has the will to impart knowledge and very passionate about it. I would recommend Seun because I am so confident in her ability.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|