Degree educated full time 1:1 Chess, Spanish, French and Maths tutor with over 15 years experience.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Maths, French, Spanish and Chess, teaching all of these subjects exceptionally well and with great passion.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Honours degree in Maths and French with Spanish at Queen Mary University of London (2001).
- How much do you charge?
Please see the fees above. 50% discount on the initial trial lesson.
- Where do you teach?
I tutor in or near the North West London and Central London areas.
- When are you available?
Please contact me to discuss possible times.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I tutor to any age up to and including A Level and International Baccalaureate.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
GCSE, IGCSE, A Level and International Baccalaureate (IB) and any level below all of these, including 7+, 11+ and 13+ (Common Entrance), but only in my academic subjects, French, Spanish or Maths.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I tutor on Skype with a 15% discount on all my normal fees.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
My one to one sessions are far more effective than any group sessions as they are tailored to the individual's needs. My teaching of the Grammar, Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry, just for example, is exceptionally good and most enjoyable.
Look no further, if you want a tutor who believes in not using a calculator for everything and one who believes in good spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have tutored up to GCSE level and A level over the last 15 years French, Maths and Spanish and my pupils have improved considerably in a very short space of time, highlighted in my testimonials.
My Chess tuition has brought very similar improvements.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have an Enhanced CRB Check. It is completely clear.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Queen Mary University of London Alumni.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Grade 9 (9 being the highest) for one of my pupils, in the new harder GCSE Maths exams, through setting exceptionally hard algebraic problems for GCSE.
A* in IGCSE Maths for someone who was failing badly in Maths in Year 7, with 4 years of my tutoring and his efforts. He was doing Quadratics at the end of Year 8 with me, a huge transformation.
A* in IGCSE Spanish only since December 2016, helping to structure the revision a lot better.
Grade 6 (7 the highest) for IB Maths, having only been predicted a grade 3 with only 5 months of my tuition, helping the pupil to get into Bath University.
A Chess pupil moved up a board in the National Primary School Chess Championships with only three of my lessons and beat Haberdashers School for the very first time.
• Degree Educated Chess, Spanish, French and Maths Tutor.
• 15 years tutoring experience.
• Enhanced CRB Check. It is completely clear.
• Queen Mary University of London Alumni.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|