My teaching methodology is to provide the theory with examples and then test with exercises to ensure concepts are understood. It is important to understand the way the student learns best, whether it's through visual cues, explanations or by writing things down and I tend to adapt my teaching based on the student.
Over 10+ years of extensive experience in financial management, cash flow analysis, advanced financial modelling, management accounting, financial planning and strategy. Proficient and expertise in teaching all the CIMA modules and case studies. I have been coaching and mentoring colleagues at work, university students and certified finance profession students. My teaching method is concept oriented and I also demonstrate learning based on practical real case scenarios.
Finance Director – UK and ROI Aug 2018 – Present
• Business partnering with the commercial, operation and financial leadership to develop financial strategy and drive business performance
• Performing month-end, year-end financial close activities and detailed budget vs actual variance analysis. Monitoring P&L, Balance sheet and Cash flow for UK & ROI
• Responsible for preparation of monthly MI, the annual planning process, quarterly reforecasts (QRF’s) and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s)
• Preparation of the financial accounts for all the UK and ROI entities. Assisted in the statutory reporting for all entities
• Responsible for monitoring cost redistribution of indirect costs in the P&L to all the business lines
• Played a key role in testing, implementing, identifying and addressing risks and hyper care for the finance transformation project - SAP. Developed and conducted training on COFI, AP and General Ledger for 150+ UK and ROI users
• Reviewing compensation and payroll reconciliations and liaising with the Payroll teams and HR
• Liaison with the Shared service centre and COE on management accounting requirements
• Liaison with the AR, AP and GL teams to ensure transactions are posted accurately and in a timely manner
• Responsible for assisting the internal and external audit division on ad-hoc queries
• Responsible for 3 Management accountants. Coaching and mentoring for additional 3 management accountants
• Leading the Diversity & Inclusiveness team of 10 members in the UK Finance driving the firm’s strategy
• Played a major role in successful implementation of SAP. Achieved excellence awards for leading the finance transformation program and year end performance award for commercial excellence
• Achieved savings of £2.5m in recruiting, learning and development costs over a 12-month period
Financial Planning and Operations Specialist EMEA July 2015– Aug 2018
• Led the financial planning & analysis function; responsible for financial planning, reporting, month and year end close of operational cost of US$600m for EMEA region
• Partnered with the COO, Head of Marine Operations & Cargo and Head of Finance for driving commercial pricing decisions as well as financial strategy
• Developed a bottom up approach for budgeting and planning to identify opportunities and risks; engaged managers and cross functional teams for accountability for budgets and revenue targets
• Preparation of management accounts for the EMEA region including the P&L, Cash Flow and the Balance sheet
• Liaison with external auditors and analysis of aged accruals for year-end reporting. Management of SOX compliance and internal audits
• Preparation of VAT reconciliation statements
• Prepared dashboards and for the C-level suite with key financial and operational metrics
• Responsible for managing 1 financial analyst
• Reduced the month end close reporting from 7 days to 3 days
• Automated financial close reporting to achieve 30% efficiency using MS Access and SQL
• Standardised the global Chart of Accounts (COA) across business units and geographies, reducing the number of accounts from 1300 to 637
Maersk Global Services
Cost Analyst – Maersk Consolidated Cargo (Asian Operations) April 2013– Sept 2013
• Managed pricing for trade routes to ensure profitability and commercial feasibility
• Delivered financial and commercial analysis with recommendations to solve problems and to influence and challenge business decisions in the Asian operations
• Led detailed proposition modelling and critical fleet/cargo analysis
Family Retail Business
Financial Planning & Analysis Lead April 2012– March 2013
• Streamlined the finance function
• Conducted a detailed valuation of the business and re-forecasted the future cash flows
• Conducted a feasibility study on the expansion of a product line
Moody's Analytics Knowledge Services
Associate June 2011– March 2012
• Profiling strategic fits for prospective M&A deals
o Carried out a wide range of analysis including company & industry profiles, financials, comparable transactions and trading comparables
o Competitive landscaping, in-depth research and transaction case studies
• Prepared financial models for corporate valuation including DCF and LBO
• Prepared due diligence reports and marketing material including pitch books, teasers, introductory emails, presentations, information memorandums and data rooms
Global Data Analytics
Associate Analyst Dec 2009 – May 2011
• Sector Analysis for transactions in the renewable Energy Sector
• Supported clients to develop results - driven strategies, competitive benchmarking and opportunity assessments backed with primary and secondary research
• Produced monthly and quarterly analytical reports on global renewable policy, technology, industry
economics, key player strategies and industry trends
Perfect! Monika is thorough with Financial concepts and she can relate her qualifications and overall work experience to learning and give practical examples. She gave me career advice and mentioned the skills/ expertise I would need to develop and the options available when I qualify as an accountant. Monika also explained the trends in our industry and the impact of Artificial Intelligence, Big data and Data science. I would definitely recommend Monika to others and will reach out to her again.
Monika was my tutor for the CIMA Strategic Case Study (May, 2021). We conducted our sessions as 1 to 1 over zoom over the few weeks before my exam.
During these sessions I found Monika to be exceptionally well prepared always having planned the sessions and the relevant topics to ensure we maximised them time available. She has a fantastic all round finance knowledge which helped my understanding of the topics areas. She was also supportive in terms of ad hoc questions and review of my preparation questions. With the help of Monika I was able to pass my case study exam first time.
Overall, I would have no hesitation with recommending Monika as a tutor.
Monika is a very approachable tutor. I don’t have a finance background and I have been struggling to understand accounting. She took a dummy company and explained the Financial statements and their purpose and the link between the Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash flow. I felt comfortable because she was happy to answer all my doubt and questions. I feel more confident and will definitely reach out to her in the future.
Monika was very engaging, extremely qualified, and had a deep understanding of the subject. She explained the financial management concepts thoroughly ensuring that I understood them and gave me practical examples with real-life company scenarios. I highly recommend her.
Monika is thorough with Financial concepts and she can relate her qualifications and overall work experience to learning and give practical examples. She gave me career advice and mentioned the skills/ expertise I would need to develop and the options available when I qualify as an accountant. Monika also explained the trends in our industry and the impact of Artificial Intelligence, Big data and Data science. I would definitely recommend Monika to others and will reach out to her again.
I have worked with Monika in the past and she is a very organised individual. She can explain concepts in a very simple way and easy to understand. She is a highly qualified tutor who I would definitely recommend. A very professional and friendly individual
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest commerce lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, finance lessons for all!
Taking financial management lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£85|