I like everyone to enjoy the teaching process, it's easier to learn in that way. From children to adults, ensuring that the learning environment is one that allows the person to relax, yet maintain discipline, so there will always be common ground rules for working.
I have a teaching qualification, an MBA and a Lawyer by qualification but I now work in the financial service field. So I can teach a range of subjects, including music and ESOL. Teaching since 1995 at College(s) and even University and Schools. I have worked with the Brilliant, through to those that were considered to be unteachable.
The cancellation policy is 24 hours notice, otherwise, they need to pay for the lesson.
MARGARET XXXXXXX MBA, LPC
An MBA-qualified, Solicitor with extensive experience of business development, lead generation and sales, gained within the media and financial services sectors. A lateral and innovative thinker with strong experience of planning, implementing and leading business development and legal projects on behalf of both individuals & organisations. A clear and concise communicator with a consultative style and highly developed negotiation and client facing skills. Overall a strong Business Development Professional, with good experience of leading managing and motivating sales teams. They have a proven ability to analyse, research, process and organise data to both drive performance and to rapidly understand social, political and territorial drivers.
Leading Teams: Good experience of leading sales teams, providing support, direction and strategy
Business Acumen: Strong territory management, relationship building and new account development, with ability to accumulate and assimilate business information quickly to make the necessary decisions.
Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated in various roles and can quickly build a bond of trust with potential clients.
Problem Solving: Managing customers’ expectations on behalf of department, after sales customer service.
Flexibility: Resourceful and flexible in thinking and quick to adapt to new roles and situations.
July 17 - Compliance & Legal Advisor/Analyst/Assistant Broker – London City Group F/T from March 2018.
● Created Policies and Procedures for GDPR implementation into the business
● Leading on the implementation of GDPR requirements
● Working alongside the CEO, closing deals.
● Proof reading, amending and altering contracts.
● Assisting in the research of various companies and business analysis
● Company house searches and reading financial statements (actual and filed)
● Visiting SME’s for pricing assessment and assisting in the development for sale
June 16 - March 18 Business Development Associate - Burlington Associates (IFA)
● Supporting financial advisors as a Telemarketing Executive with outbound cold call to leading law firms, marketing services to arrange appointments with an appropriate financial adviser(s), mortgage broker(s).
● Diary management of the relevant Financial Advisors, including follow – up appointments with potential clients.
● Seek to achieve high growth with prospective client by proactively undertaking follow up calls in order to develop and build relationships, and the ability to use internal and external resources to achieve results.
June 15 – Feb 16 - TV Advertising & Communications Officer – Property Television (Part-Time)
● Advertising Officer on behalf of Property Television, (PTV) Sky Channel 238, working totally independently.
● Identify and secure clients to sell the company’s commercial inventory, the production of commercially sponsored TV programmes and TV commercials for both TV and internet broadcast, and the sale of web-based advertisements.
● Communications officer, distributing press information to a data base supplied to the company on a regular basis. Identify approach and secure suitable clients working in the property, home improvement and property related industries for the creation and placement of TV advertising on Property TV, this remit is potentially every business that does or plans to operate on a national level.
● Build up and to maintain an excel data base of these prospective clients and set appointments for Production Managers.
● Keep paper and electronic files of weekly activities and timetabled diaries for Production and Contents Team.
May 14 – Nov 14 Speciality Telesales Consultant – Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group PLC - 6 Month Contract
● Telesales building clients relationships, with C-Level Decision Makers.
● Salesforce/SharePoint CRM’s, to manage information on firms (DM’s/Influencers) contacted.
● Contacting law firms to pitch professional indemnity insurance products (80 calls per day)
● Completing a fact find to establish the firms key requirements
● Qualify and gain commitment from decision maker to send proposal form, JLT provide quote(5 – 36 potential new business per week) (revenue £2.5k - £50K per quote).
● Meeting and/or exceeding sales targets as pre agreed KPI’s to ensure business opportunities for JLT speciality(£10+ million revenue, generated by team in six months, high performer)
April 13 – Oct 13 Head of Telesales – Forum Business Media
● Media Sales B2B High end subscription magazines, developing strategy, tactics, sales plans and managing profit targets
● Developing relationships with clients, identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
● Attending conference events to maximise new business development opportunities
● Manage a sales team, allocating data, new product development, KPI setting, sales training and HR (performance review).
● Marketing Analytics, report preparation for senior management teams’ weekly meeting, re-structure of department operations & strategies.
● CRM management, FLG 360, cleansing and distributing leads via CRM system.
● Team and individual KPI’s (80 calls per day individual, 40 new subscriptions per month team) and monitoring progress.
Sept 12 – Feb 13 Area Sales Manager – GO2 Telecommunications
● Cold calling SME’s, sale telecommunications landlines and packages, negotiate and close contracts with business owners.
● Following leads given as referrals by existing clients and providing relevant after care services.
● Training and managing new BDA’s team members (KPI’s 15 new contracts per week)
● Complete and administrate paperwork and liaise with headquarters to ensure that customer orders are correct
Jan 12 – June 12 Assistant Co-operative & Membership Officer – The Co-operative Group
● Contributing to the work of national teams to develop initiates for delivery nationally & regionally. Fair-trade Fortnight, Co-operative Fortnight, Global Poverty Ambassador Project etc
● Developing programs providing information on the Group strategies for the community growth, business development, nationally & internationally, identifying & developing specifications, costing, procuring and delivering the technical and production requirements for business, in relation to programmes and activities, sponsorship, events management, branding.
● Creating appropriate literature, writing media articles, advertising & marketing events, contacting members and external groups, carrying out feedback analysis and writing reports.
● Delivering workshops for member developments, CSR governance, sourcing resources and working within budgets.
Sept 08 - Dec 11 ICT Trainer - UTC Training Centre (Contract)
● Curriculum development, scheme of work and lesson plan preparation, ensure teaching resources folders kept up to date
● Prepare materials and update them on a regular basis, mark student’s work, supervise & train Assistants.
● Liaise with examining bodies regarding entries for exams, exam papers and any other issue concerning exams.
● Prepare materials for initial assessments and interviews, prepare induction pack.
● Organise for careers advisor to come and speak to students, improve on training provided
● Ensure training in accordance with standards of external auditors and completed within scheduled timetables.
● Managed & appraised performance of students and (2) staff members.
April 09 - Dec 11 Business Development Manager / Will Consultant - Wilsec (Contract)
● Generated, initiated, established and developed new business and managed accounts, plus, provided post client service.
● Took instructions for Will from client at meeting and evaluated and arranged liaison with Will Consultant.
● Provided post customer care service and maintained working relationships
● Communicated new product developments to prospective clients at group meetings and markets, use of stall.
● Administered accounts, wrote reports and provided management with market feedback.
May 08 - Sept 08 Insolvency Examiner - Badenoch & Clark - The Insolvency Service
● Investigated the conduct of directors and officers of failed companies with reference to the Company Directors Disqualification Act, the Insolvency Act and other applicable legislation and regulations.
● Investigated matters involving misconduct, wrongful trading, fraud, money laundering, corruption, dishonesty etc.
● Dealt with corporate recovery matters and prosecutions for corporate offences and assessing risks.
● Dealt with any relevant aspects of corporate and insolvency law, both civil and criminal.
Jan 07- Apr 08 Debt Recovery Paralegal – Law Absolute - London Borough of Havering and London Borough of Enfield
● Contacted debtors and implemented repayment schedules and terms.
● Assisted the client to take legal action against debtors by providing necessary information.
● Maintained security and confidentiality of company and customer information
● Dealt with inbound and outbound calls and written correspondence and resolved complex queries.
Aug 06-Dec 06 Commercial/Procurement Paralegal, Facilities Management - Carillion Plc
● Assessed and evaluated Service Contracts, Bids and Tenders for internal business unit, including insurance risks.
● Aided the various business units prepare contract for tender, bidding and execution, contacts of up to £5,000,000.
● Managed and dealt with legal and/or contractual enquiries in relation to existing, pending and post contract matters.
● Updated legal knowledge database of legal to keep abreast with new legislation.
STUDY OF LEGAL PRACTICE COURSE (LPC) - AT HOME WITH CHILDREN WHILST RESEARCHING OPTIONS E.G. P/GRAD LLM & SEEKING FUNDING FOR FURTHER STUDIES.
Jan 04-Mar 05 Business Consultants – Newham Business Centre
● Proactively sought out new opportunities and maintenance of existing clients.
● Developed and wrote business plans, assisting SME’s and start-up businesses, assessing risks and opportunities.
● Maintained up-to-date market knowledge and analysed data numbers and information
2003 Freelance Telephone Sales Executive & Business Development
● Developed and established a Legal and Accounting desk for a firm of recruitment consultants.
● Build and develop a database directory of accounting and solicitor firms based in London with details of main contacts, including the top 10 magic circle firms. The database included the names of the main contacts in HR departments.
2001 - 2003 Lecturer (Media Law, Business, General Law, Accounts, Citizenship/Retail) – Lewisham College of F.E & Greenwich University
2000 Principal Field Consultant – DTJ Management Consultant
● Management Consultancy sales to SME’s with T/O less than £10 million.
● 4 x 1 hour daily appointments, undertaking diagnostic test of departmental performances.
● Closing contracts with Senior decision makers.
2010 - 2014 Deputy Fundraising Leader &Deputy Group Leader for R.A.H.A.B - Voluntary Role- UCKG Charity
● Initiating, developing and delivering fundraising events & activities, internally & externally.
● Networking with local businesses (local & national), to raise charity profile & build sponsorship relationships
● Involved in leading a group working with woman who have survived abusive situations.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
2004 – 2005 City University, (ICSL) Legal Practice Course (Commercial Law, Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions)
2001 – 2002 Canterbury University, Certificate in Education (Cert. Ed. Stage 1 & 2)
1995 – 1997 London Guildhall University, London, Common Professional Examination
1990 – 1991 Middlesex University, Master of Business Administration (MBA), Managing in Europe (International Finance,
International Accounting, Product Policy, Operational Management)
1982 – 1986 Sussex University (School of African and Asian Studies), Social Psychology BA (Honours).
INTERESTS UCKG Charitable Organization- Branch Deputy Leader Fundraising. Organizing fundraising activities e.g. Mountain Climbing/Street Fundraising/Door to Door fundraising/Organizing teams/Resources etc.
Jazz Guitar, Music Composition and Singing. Music: Jazz, Classical, Popular.
LANGUAGES French Creole (fluent); Standard French (basic conversation); currently learning Portuguese.
VOLUNTARY Voluntary work (1 day) (Probate/Immigration) - Portuguese firm- Nabas Legal Consultancy (Sept 11 – Dec 11).
Voluntary short – Term Placement- Franks PR; Will Consultant Course 2010, Voluntary Legal Work- Woodgrange Law Chambers Jan 2013 – Mar 2013. Private PI Case –Settled £40,000. Private Family Case – Ongoing.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons for all!
Taking oral expression lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|