I have done Master of Communication and Journalism(MCJ) and taught journalism for a year or two for bachelor students through Skype. I have great passion for teaching especially the subjects I know. Apart from Journalism my interest lies in teaching History, Geography and Civics subjects.
I have been teaching for 2 years for approximately 20 to 25 students through online mode. All the students have achieved their degree in journalism. They all have achieved more than 85 percent in their grades which is very encouraging.
July 1999 – November 2004 – Technical Writer, Hewlett-Packard ISO Ltd, Bangalore, India
Developed documentation for various projects in the Organization.
Created and maintained the Organizations Standard Software Processes Portal (OSSP) and the Quality Portal.
Edited and fine-tuned all the Process documents and ensured that they are all available from the Organization Standard Software Process portal.
Set up the version control system and maintained them for the Process documents
• Released the monthly Quality newsletter ‘QUEST’ which carried quality updates, introduction to new faces and write-ups on various project topics.
• Performed usability testing for the integrated tools and the Processes CBT
• Created and maintained the Quality portal to address the CMMI-Level 5 requirements for General Motors, Detroit. Lead a team of Technical Writers for this task.
Nov. 1997 to Oct. 1998 – Documentation Specialist, Lucent Technologies India Ltd., Bangalore, India
• Created and maintained all in-house document templates and style sheets, to streamline document production standards.
• Set up an efficient Documentation Tracking and Configuration Management System for the Organization
• Actively involved in the process of developing and maintaining the corporate web site/intranet
Aug. 1996 to Nov. 1997 – Web Page Author/Designer, Tata Consultancy Services, New Delhi, India
• Created web pages for Discover India – the official site of the Government of India ((concealed information) The work involved researching, writing, editing and scanning images and adding it to the pages for various topics like art, culture, tourism etc.
Discover India provides authentic information on India in the areas of culture, economy, tourism, media, social issues, polity etc. It also includes a daily news bulletin and a keyword based search engine.
• This site is chosen as “Best of the net” site by Bell Atlantic Internet Solutions, USA. Highly rated by McGraw-Hill Home Interactive, USA.
Feb. 1995 to Aug. 1996 – Technical Writer, Tata Consultancy Services, New Delhi, India
• Created online help for banking products using MS Word and InContext
• Edited various technical documents, business proposals, specifications and manuals
• Conducted Technical Writing classes for IT professionals at TCS
Sep. 1994 to Jan. 1995 – Copy Writer, Renaissance Advertising, Calicut, India
• Did internship in reporting and editing at The Indian Express, Madras from 15 Feb. ’93 to 31 March ’93.
Prathyusha and I have been living together since several years and I have seen closely the way she teaches many students in both online and off line classes. Prathyusha is very detailed oriented and listen to the students very carefully before coming up with a teaching plan for them. She also has lot of patientce in teaching students who have difficulty in grasping the subjects and quite adaptable to their individual needs. I am sure students will enjoy learning with her.
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, current affairs lessons for all!
Taking citizenship lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||Not available||£11|
|5 hours||£46||Not available||£57|
|10 hours||£86||Not available||£114|