I will always encourage students to work with peers to develop ideas and challenge assumptions. Instead of looking only for a right or wrong answer, I would focus on what was right in the student's approach and build on it in the next task. Also there are different ways to solve a particular problem, I will therefore do my best to show my students these ways and encourage them to solve the problems in their own creative ways. This is because a deeper conceptual understanding of a topic can be reached when students are exposed to more strategies and approaches.
I am current studying for a doctorate degree in Mechanical Engineering, in particular, offshore engineering. I also have Masters and Bachelors degrees in Mechanical Engineering and have successfully carried out practical lessons in math and physics related subjects such as non-destructive material testing.
An ambitious and focused mechanical engineering graduate determined to accomplish any given task to the best of his abilities. I have developed excellent analytical and leadership skills through my degree, as well as extensive customer service and communication skills through previous part time jobs. I am now looking for a part time job in a flexible work environment to further develop and use my skills.
Volunteer (2017 – Present)
The University of Northampton’s Higher Education Schools Engagement Team
• Represented the University of Northampton’s Higher Education Schools Engagement Team and the Faculty of Science and Technology.
• Successfully demonstrated Non-destructive Examination techniques to young engineers and scientists at the Big Bang Near Me event using Ultrasonic Testing.
• Ran a subject session with BTEC engineering students on the vital importance of note taking when observing complex processes for the first time.
The University of Northampton, UK (2015 – Present)
PhD. Mechanical Engineering
• Conducts research focusing on the condition monitoring and fatigue life of pipeline girth welds.
Cranfield University, Bedfordshire, UK (2012 - 2014)
MSc. Advanced Mechanical Engineering
• Modules undertaken include: Structural Integrity, Fluid Mechanics and Loading, Risk and Reliability Engineering, Stress Analysis, Management for Technology
• Thesis: “A Parametric Finite Element Stress Analysis of Misalignment in Monopile Structures”
• Work involved parametric finite element analysis of misalignments in monopole structures, subsequently developed a parametric set of equations relating to stress concentration factors for a range of misalignment scenarios.
• Project work involved use of Abaqus CAE – Computer Aided Engineering
The University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK (2009-2012)
BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
• Core modules undertaken include: Mechanics of Solids, Structural Vibration, Design & Manufacture, Engineering Materials, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer and computer programming.
• Undergraduate degree gave sound technical grounding of mechanical engineering as well as proficiency in engineering-based software including ABAQUS, Pro-Engineer, Solidworks and MATLAB programming.
• Final Year Project: “Design of a Conical Coupling for Torque Transmissions” – involved the design and engineering of a coupling that transmits torque through frictional contact between the conical faces of its male and female wedges.
Global International College, Abuja, Nigeria (2008-2009)
International Degree Foundation Programme
• Mathematics (A), Physics (A), Technical Drawing (A), Computing (A), Communication Skills (C)
IT Skills: Microsoft Office, ABAQUS, CATIA, Solidworks, MATLAB, Minitab, COMSOL Multiphysics, ANSYS Mechanical, Star CCM+, Pro Engineer
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£75||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£150|