I am a Year 1 Mechanical Engineering student. I have given classes to students ranging from 5-11, mostly in preparation for the 11+ but I could teach up to 16 year old children. I have a patient approach to teaching, and offer more than one method to solve problems.
I am a mechanical engineering student who has been giving lessons to maths students since November 2017. I have in this time period taught 2 students. One of these students was successful in the 11+ & the Dartford Test in London.
A hard-working and goal-driven undergraduate currently attending Newcastle University where I consistently strive for perfection in every situation with the prospect of failure only providing greater drive and ambition. I’m in a continuous search to expand my knowledge and look to improve self-proficiency within established companies towards my goal of becoming a mechanical engineer.
September 2011 – June 2016
Bexley Grammar School, Welling
GCSE: Maths (A*); Biology (A*); Chemistry (A*); Physics (A*); English Literature (A*); French (A*); Spanish (A); Religious Studies (A); Computer Science (A); Geography (B); English Language (B).
September 2016 – June 2018
St. Olave’s Grammar School, Orpington
AS-Levels: Maths (A)
A-Levels: Maths (B); History (B)
September 2018 – Present
St. Nicholas Hospital, Lagos, Nigeria ~ 27th July 2015 – 21st August 2015
Week 1: Reception Duty
• Appropriately filed patients’ files away; ran small errands and shadowed senior colleagues of the reception team
Week 2: Laboratory Work
• Ran blood tests and worked alongside senior doctors and nurses to provide patient care improving my teamwork
Week 3: Direct Patient Care
• Took on role of GP and subsequently checked patient wellbeing and diagnostics; took urine samples; blood pressure and filled out new patient documents learning patience and developing work ethic
Week 4: Kidney Dialysis Unit (KDU)
• Assisted KDU team by preparing kidney dialysis machines; providing meals for patients and engaging in small talk about current events or topics of their choosing developing communication skills
EMS (UK) Ltd, London ~ 19th October 2015 – 24th October 2015
• Thoroughly examined company’s stock of construction site lights; construction electrical generators & welding machines and amended the wiring of those not fit for use simultaneously practicing and building on previous knowledge of electrical wiring
• Organized and stockpiled company construction site equipment developing better and more efficient organisation skills
The Tutor Company (LLC), London ~ October 2017 – December 2017
• Taught Year 2 student the fundamentals of mathematics, focusing on learning the 2-12 times tables; long and short division + the column method for multiplication honing my teaching skills and patience with children
Bethlem Royal Hospital, London ~ 23rd June 2018 – 2nd September 2018
• Undertook cleaning responsibilities across many different wards in the psychiatric hospital, often interacting with patients concurrently increasing patience and attention to detail regarding quality of work
Achievements & Responsibilities
Blackheath Library, Blackheath ~ September 2014 – February 2015
• Volunteered at Blackheath Library, assisting in stacking the shelves and organizing the books and additionally co-running the kids Lego Club
• Benefitted communication skills with young children
Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award, Bexley Grammar School ~ September 2014 – June 2015
• Learnt basic survival skills and developed teamwork while camping and navigating countryside
School Prefect, St. Olave’s Grammar School ~ January 2017 – January 2018
• Performed required duties as a member of school prefect team
• Shows great responsibility, an apt sense of punctuality and time management
Languages – English, Basic French & Spanish
Intermediate Computer Knowledge – Visual Basic 2008, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Perfectionist – Strives to achieve standard of perfection in every situation
Determined – Faced countless challenges and tribulations as group leader during Duke of Edinburgh but determined attitude led to team achieving everything that was expected in record time
Interests & Hobbies
I am extremely active and took part in many house events during my lower secondary school education at Bexley Grammar School, including basketball, cricket, drama and track events on our annual sports day. I was also a member of the basketball team for three years.
I had an avid interest in attending numerous lectures and university taster courses to increase the knowledge pertaining to my future as a mechanical engineer. Lectures that I attended consisted mostly of Computer Science, Physics and Chemistry.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||£10||Not available|
|5 hours||£45||£45||Not available|
|10 hours||£80||£80||Not available|