My teaching method is one-to-one classes and I will teach anything they need to learn. I can teach genetics, physiology, pharmacology, as well as generalised biology. I can teach up to A level biology. I can do 1-2 hour lessons in the evening or at weekends.
I am currently in my second year of studying Medical Microbiology at the University of Leicester which including studies in: medical microbiology, physiology, pharmacology, microbiology, genetics and biochemistry. I have a background in science- mainly chemistry and biology- and can teach these subjects competently up to A level.
Cancellation is free. I can travel to you, but ask for £5 travelling fee is it is way out of town.
I am a very empathetic and caring person and will go out of my way to help when help is needed/asked for. I am switched on and very aware of what is happening around me. I have a lot of life experience which helps me to see and understand how and why people act the way they do. I am a very hard worker and do not give up easily even when faced with a challenge. I welcome constructive feedback and always act on such feedback. I am currently studying medical microbiology with aspirations of getting into research and clinical trial work with hopes of a year in industry accompanying my university study.
Currently in my second year of studying Medical Microbiology at the University of Leicester, which includes relevant modules:
• Biochemistry (1st year)
• Microbiology (1st year)
• Physiology, Neurology and Pharmacology (1st year)
• Physiology and Pharmacology (2nd year)
• Medical Microbiology (2nd year)
• Principles of Microbiology (2nd year)
I have used and developed skills and techniques in areas such as (but not limited to):
• Sputum cytology
• Sputum processing and total cell counts
• Aseptic technique
• Cell culturing
• Gram staining
At present, I am on track to finish university in either 2021 or 2022 with a year in industry.
Truro College 2017-2018:
• Access to HE- Science, 39 credits at distinction, 6 at merit.
Sholing Technology College 2008-2013:
• GCSE Maths- C
• GCSE English Literature- C
• GCSE English Language- B
• GCSE ICT- Pass
Day Lewis Pharmacy, Southampton, 2016-2017
• I worked as a dispensing assistant at Day Lewis Pharmacy for almost a year.
• This role demanded precision and attention to detail as every prescription had to be dispensed with 100% accuracy.
• I had to learn many hundreds of different medicines and their uses as well as recalling many different protocols.
• Problem solving was a big part of my time at Day Lewis as unpredictable challenges could often arise when dealing with the general public.
• I also had to think outside of the box when tackling sourcing issues and tracking missing wholesale/stock.
• I also served a mystery shopper whilst working at Day Lewis and had 100% scored on customer service.
Naomi House charity shop 2015-2016
I volunteered at a children’s hospice charity shop where I would make furniture deliveries to customers, performed Six Sigma work area organisation and development. I would also assist in a customer facing service capacity with general shop duties including taking payments and invoice filing.
Costa Coffee Shop 2015
I worked as a barista at Costa Coffee where I would prepare and serve customers’ drinks and food. I was required to keep the shop clean and tidy, sort and process stock, date-check food and always while giving excellent customer service.
I have a functional knowledge of Windows operating systems; especially Excel and Word as I use these daily to write scientific reports, essays and create detailed scientific graphs. I have also written a research proposal which proposed looking into diabetic retinopathy treatment. I am fluent in English and I am currently learning to speak Spanish. I hold a full, clean driver’s licence and own my own car.
I am very interested in medicine and drug development and have been for many years. I enjoy walking in the countryside and often go for long walks to stay fit and healthy in body and mind. I am a vegetarian and cook a wide variety of food. Being from Cornwall, I love to visit the sea and try to drive down to the coast and swim when I can. I like gardening and grow a variety of plants such as pumpkins, sweet peas, bluebells, strawberries and other fruits.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£25||Not available|