I prepare thoroughly for each lesson, making presentations that the students can use for revision at a later date.
I encourage the students to think through topics and deduce how and why processes occur, rather than solely lecturing them.
I have numerous resources including YouTube videos and work sheets that I give students to do in their own time to add variety to the learning.
I am a medical student with almost 10 years experience tutoring pupils aged between 6-18, and relish the opportunity to inspire my students to be as passionate about learning as I am.
I tutor a variety of subjects, most commonly English, Maths and Science, though I have further experience in Reasoning, Spanish and Geography. I also help with Medical School applications, assisting exam and interview preparation.
Prior to medical school I worked in finance, where I qualified as a Chartered Accountant, and I also graduated top of my class at the University of Nottingham where I studied Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine.
Barts and the London School of Medicine (2020-2024)
- Training to become a Doctor
ICAEW - Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (2016 – 2019)
- ACA qualification - first time passes achieved (av.78%)
The University of Nottingham (2013 – 2016)
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine (First class honours – top in year)
Putney High School (2006 – 2013)
- A levels: Mathematics (A), Biology (A) and Chemistry (B), and AS Level Spanish (A)
- GCSE’s: 9 (A*’s) and 2 (A’s). A*’s in Mathematics, double English and triple Science
- Awarded the school’s science scholarship
- House Captain (2013), Charity captain (2012)
RELEVANT TUTORING EXPERIENCE
- 2010-2013 Female student aged 11: Reasoning and Maths
- 2012-2013 Female student aged 9: 11+ preparation
- 2013-2016 Male student aged 15: GCSE preparation, Science
- 2016: Female student aged 17: Medical school preparation
- 2020: Male student aged 13: English and Maths tutoring
KPMG LLP (2016-2020)
- Corporate Finance – Consumer Goods and Retail
- Acted as financial advisor to leading businesses in the Consumer sector who were looking to sell their business, purchase another company or raise finance
- I prepared marketing materials, took part in pitches and negotiated transactions for prestigious deals worth up to £1bn
- Balanced this alongside gaining my ACA, Chartered Accountant qualification
Tutored all three of my kids for their GCSEs and they performed well above their expected grades.
Irini is very patient, thorough and gave my children lots of good resources that she had prepared herself which they were able to use for their revision.
Irini tutored my children in Science and Maths when my daughter was aged from 11-16 and my son 6-11.
Irini was hired due to her incredibly personable demeanour and proven academic record. My children can be difficult students, but they thoroughly looked forward to Irini's lessons, which was a joy for us as we used to struggle with them to have them attend extra classes.
Irini helped my daughter who was behind in school due to large class sizes, and within six weeks her teachers noticed a substantial improvement in her marks, and they commented that she seemed more confident in herself. Irini helped her to understand key concepts and problem solve such that she was able to keep up with the class.
My daughter received top marks for her GCSEs and we owe it all to Irini.
For my son, we asked Irini to provide slightly more informal teaching, with a focus on improving his concentration and inspiring a love of science. Irini did just that and we were very impressed with some of the games/activities she designed to teach him in a fun way.
We couldn't recommend Irini more highly.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£25|