My teaching method will depend on the confidence of the student in the subject. I will start with overview of content then scope in on content that the student finds difficult and set up an efficient and effective timetable around this using spaced repetition and active recall methods. then move onto the exam technique.
I am a medicine student at the University of Leeds, located currently in London. I have given lessons on biology privately and both students had achieved A/A* grades. I can teach GCSE and A-level biology with confidence. I can also give advice on medicine or general university applications.
University of Leeds － Leeds
Biology A-level: A*
Chemistry A-level: A
English A-level: A
6 A*'s, 2 A's, 1 B
• Through my journey in school and university, I have become well accustomed to the skills required to teach effectively.
• Communication skills have been a big part of my experiences as I have learned to converse and become very comfortable with people of all backgrounds and ages.
• Good time management, meeting deadlines and being on time.
Student Doctor Oct 2019 to Current
Bradford General Infirmary and Chelsea and Westminster Hospital － Leeds and London, Yorkshire and Greater London
• Experienced in an extremely high paced environment and working effectively under this pressure.
• Learned to navigate multiple floors and multiple rooms with little guidance or time, which became essential for time-pressured tasks that took me all over the hospital's departments.
• Supported the moving and handling of patients who are unable to do so, this requires a qualification and strength
• Adept and skilled with helping people of a huge variety of backgrounds and personalities: the hospital is home to people of walks of life.
• Became confident and empathetic when dealing with frustration and concerns about the patient's health.
• Supported consultants in improving operations and rectifying situations with unsatisfied patients or families.
Hospice Care Worker Jul 2018 to Jan 2019
St. Teresa's Home － London
• My main role was to make all residents at the hospice feel as happy and comfortable as possible
• Learned how to help the residents, who had dementia with care, enthusiasm, and patience.
• Spending multiple months with the residents meant I learned a lot of people skills and really loved talking to a generation above mine.
• Helped with general cleaning, bedside duties and cleaning pots and pans after dinner.
Volunteer Retail Assistant Jan 2016 to Jul 2016
TRAID charity shop － London
• Supported colleagues in improving operations and resolving issues to deliver top-notch customer service.
• Built the foundation for my future jobs in talking to all sorts of people with a friendly and helpful attitude
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|