I will encourage you to send in any questions you have in advance of the sessions, and I will seek to prepare to answer these before each session.
Furthermore, I'm a big advocate for practise papers and doing exam questions, to help you learn exam technique and identify areas of weakness to place focus on. Then, we can work on improving those areas through talking them out and discussing the content during our sessions, through exercises, mind maps, flow charts and more.
I am a third year Medical Student keen to tutor enthusiastic pupils seeking to reach their full potential!
I've helped my younger sister get into Law and Politics at Strathclyde University, and my other sister is awaiting offers for art school! I've also helped another pupil get into medical school in Glasgow.
I ask you give me at least a day's notice for cancellation of a session.
A current medical student at the University of Edinburgh. A committed, reliable individual with a keen desire to learn new skills and put forward previous experience and knowledge towards achieving set goals. A friendly, responsible individual who enjoys facilitating a comfortable, welcoming work environment through a pleasant manner.
University of Edinburgh | MBChB Medicine (3rd Year) Sept 2016 – Present
• Key Subjects: Biomedical Sciences; Health, Ethics and Society; Clinical Practice.
• Honours Project: Intercalated Degree in Health Sciences in Primary Care.
• Positions of responsibility: Student Ambassador for Edinburgh Medical School; Participant of the University of Edinburgh Principal’s Go Abroad Fund; Schools Lead and tutor: Accessibility in Medicine.
• Awards: The Robertson Trust Scholarship awarded in recognition of academic ability.
King’s Park Secondary School Aug 2011 – May 2016
• Advanced Highers: Chemistry (A), Biology (A), Mathematics (A).
• Highers: Chemistry (A) Human Biology (A) Mathematics (A) English (A) French (A).
• Interdisciplinary Project: Scottish Baccalaureate in Science – Distinction (A).
• Positions of responsibility: School Captain.
• Awards: Saltire Award for 100 hours of volunteering; School Captain’s Award for Leadership; Prize for Dux of the School; Mark Scott Leadership for Life Award; Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award
Teaching/Mentoring - Schools Lead and tutor: Accessibility in Medicine – A new society started by Edinburgh Medical students that aims to widen accessibility by providing high school students with free one-to-one mentoring through the application process to medical school. The society also provides free practical tutorials led by older medical students to younger years to complement core teaching, in partnership with other Edinburgh societies such as ArtBeat, EndoSoc and JASME.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|