Qualified and Friendly experienced science tutor passionate about teaching at secondary school (IGCES), College (A level) and university level both one-on-one and in groups. I have 2 years experience teaching as a teaching assistant with which I have gained strong communication and interpersonal relation skills.
I have a degree in Biological Sciences and Psychology from the University of Maryland Baltimore County in the United States. I am currently studying medicine at Trinity College Dublin
- A level ( A*,A,A) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- IGCSE (3A*, 5A, 1 B)
Simideleoluwa Adeola Adesokan
Email: (concealed information) Number: (concealed information)|
2019 – Present: Medicine; Trinity College Dublin
2014 - 2018: BA Biological Science; Minor in Psychology, University of Maryland Baltimore County
2012 – 20114: A Levels (A, B, B) Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Bridge House College
2008 - 2012: 10 (A* - B) IGCSEs including Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Caleb British Academy
• Effective team planning – this has continuously been demonstrated throughout the projects that have been taken on during my academic journey and the work experience I have.
• Academic project groups – developed by carrying out numerous scientific experiments as a group, effective in planning, sharing and implementing of ideas.
• Highly cultivated verbal skills – developed through working with children, working within teams of different sizes on projects and through work experiences.
• Carried out the responsibility of being Secretary and Publicist of the African student association at The University of Maryland Baltimore County.
Work Experience and Employment History
December 2018 – July 2019: Medical Secretary / Assistant – Life Link Fertility Clinic
• Exceeded sales goals by leveraging strong customer service
• Executed problem-solving skills
• Prepare patient for Ultrasound scans and invasive procedures.
• Update patients medical record.
• Assist physician during Egg retrieval, Egg transfer and hysterosonogram (HSN) procedures
• Perform infectious decease and blood group screening
April 2017 – May 2018: Substitute Teacher – The Y Maryland
• Responsible for care and safety of students.
• Assisting with the academic and social development of young children by primarily providing academic support through teaching them Math’s and English
• Developed strong interpersonal skills by working with children in the age range of 1-5 while cultivating communication skills through working in a group and talking with Parents.
September 2017 – May 2018: Resident Assistant / Receptionist – The Student Housing Company
• Main role was to assist the accommodation team in day to day running of the residence and front office
• Provided advice and wellbeing support for all residents to ensure all residents were being supported effectively
• Planned and ran events weekly to engage and interact with residents which worked toward improving their overall wellbeing
• Community leader and guide within the residence
Relevant Experience and Research
September 2017 –May 2018: Teaching Assistant - Human Physiology/Foundations of Biology
• Coached students through critical thinking questions through facilitation of group discussions.
• Coordinated exam reviews, employing techniques that proved successful for past students.
May 2017 – Jan. 2018: Undergraduate Research Assistant - Department of Biology
• Research on the genetic biases of aging and fecundity in fruit flies.
• Performed maintenance and transfers of flies; prepared fly food.
February 2018 – May 2018: Undergraduate Research Assistant - Department of Psychology
• Collected and analysed data through survey and forms.
• Tracked careers of past cohorts of the Meyerhoff program
September 2018- December 2018: Intern - Kleinburg Medical Centre
• Shadowed liposuction Procedures
• Assisted in mixing and with drawing injections.
• Collected patient vitals.
March 2017 : Volunteer - Medical Global Brigades – Nicaragua
• Assisted physicians during consultations; dental, optometry and OB/GYN consultations and treatments.
• Administered vitals and screened about 2000 patients in impoverished communities.
• Lead a workshop on personal and dental hygiene and dug trenches to provide clean water to local village.
May 2018 – August 2018; Camp Counsellor – Walden Circle Summer Camp
• Created syllabi and learning plans for children aged 5 to 15.
• Facilitated learning with use of engaging activities such a painting, quizzes and board games.
• Ensured the safety and well-being of the children.
References – available upon request.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£30|