For GCSEs/A-Levels, I firmly believe in a past-paper based approach. This means teaching students the content in a clear and easily understandable way and then consolidating the material with past-paper questions. I also teach my students the best and most efficient evidence-based methods of memorization.
For the BMAT/UCAT, the main thing any student can do is practice. However, there are certain tips on how students should approach the question in the most logical way that I can teach.
For medicine personal statements, I offer a clear structure students can follow to ensure interviews at every university they apply to.
I am a soon to be 4th year medical student at the University of Cambridge and hold a 2.1 BA degree in Medical Sciences.
- Preparation for A-Levels (Chemistry, Biology)
- Preparation for medical school interviews.
- Preparation for BMAT
- Preparation for UCAT
- Preparation for GCSEs (Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry)
- Personal statement help and advice to ensure interviews at all your university choices.
Extensive medical school interview experience, receiving offers from Cambridge, Imperial and Queen Mary`s. Helped multiple medical school applicants with mock interviews and personal statement workshops.
Tutored at GCSE and A-Level with students all receiving A*s.
Free first hour only if doing at least 2hr lesson.
2016-Present Queens’ College, University of Cambridge, Medicine
2016-2019 Queens’ College, University of Cambridge, BA Medical Sciences, Upper Second Class
2009-2016 Queen Elizabeth’s Boys’ School, Barnet
A Levels: Chemistry (A*), Biology (A*), Mathematics (A), Economics (A)
GCSEs: 8A*s and 4As (Including Mathematics and English Language)
Nov 2018-Present Marketing Strategist, Fenix Leather UK, a start-up recycled leather wallet company
• Conducted marketing strategy analysis based on target market
• Implemented social media launch strategy
Nov 2018-Jan 2019 Head of Catering, Cambridge MedSoc Ball 2019
• £9000 budget to organise catering for 600 people
• Successfully negotiated deals and worked with multiple different caterers
• Involved in on-the-day setup
March 2018-Feb 2019 Event Manager, Queens’ College Medical Society
• Managed event team of 8 members
• Organised and co-ordinated events for up to 100 students
• Liaised with treasurer to ensure financial viability of events
Further positions of responsibility
• Private tutor for A-Levels and medical admissions
• President of school’s medical society (2015-16)
• St John Ambulance volunteer (2014-16)
• BUPA nursing home volunteer (2015)
• School prefect, Queen Elizabeth’s Boys’ School (2015-16)
• Credited as author on due to be published research paper on breast cancer driving ESR1 gene fusions, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas (2018-19)
• Secretary of Queens’ College Medical Society (2018-19)
• Raised £500 for Mt Snowdon Charity Climb (2018)
• Queens’ College Football Club (2016-Present)
• Gold award in national Biology and Chemistry Olympiad (2016)
• Short-list finalist, IEA economics of healthcare national essay competition (2015)
Saif tutored me last year. He really helped with time-management techniques and gave lots of tips for tackling difficult questions.
Saif was a very helpful tutor, guiding me through Biology A-level. He gave clear explanations and allowed me to develop my synoptic skills. With his help, I became more confident in applying my knowledge to unfamiliar scenarios. Highly recommend to anyone wanting to boost their grades.
Saif tutored me for chemistry last year. He explained everything very clearly and gave useful exam tips.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|