Anyone can be a linguist. I teach by ensuring that all four skill areas (reading, writing, listening and speaking) are covered, and place a lot of emphasis on grammatical understanding, as it allows you to be free with your language! I am a friendly and approachable person, and I understand that things don't always click on the first attempt.
I have been teaching French and German for two years in secondary schools, I teach pupils aged 11 to 18 and teach both GCSE and A Level.
I have a first class joint honours degree in French and German from Royal Holloway, and love helping others to improve their linguistic skills.
I am an organized, reliable and hardworking individual who is strong advocate for the importance of Modern Foreign Languages. As a fully qualified teacher, I understand and believe in the power of education and wish to help others achieve their goals.
MA – Modern Foreign Languages in Education | King’s College London
SEPTEMBER 2017 - PRESENT
I am currently studying a part time MA alongside my full-time job.
PGCE Modern Foreign Languages | University of Chichester
SEPTEMBER 2015 – JULY 2016
BA (Hons) French and German | Royal Holloway, University of London
SEPTEMBER 2011 – JULY 2015
1st Class Honours in French and German with a Mark of Distinction in the French Speaking Examination
A Levels | Our Lady of Sion School
SEPTEMBER 2009 – JULY 2011
English Literature – B, German – B, French – C
GCSEs | Our Lady of Sion School
SEPTEMBER 2007 – JULY 2009
2 A*s, 9 As and 1 B including Maths, English and Double Science
Teacher of French and German | Royal Russell School
SEPTEMBER 2016 – PRESENT
- Teacher of French and German at KS3, KS4 and KS5, including GCSE and A Level
- Pastoral form tutor
- Organization of annual Croydon Foodbank Collection
- Leading staff member on outreach trip to partner Uganda school
- Communicating with parents and colleagues on a formal basis
Youth Worker | Disability Challengers
JUNE 2015 – SEPTEMBER 2015
- Working with disabled adolescents in a day centre and on excursions
- Organising day centre activities such as Bake Off Day
- Being responsible for one or several children at one time
Student Ambassador| Royal Holloway, University of London
SEPTEMBER 2014 – JUNE 2015
- Running MFL Outreach days with local schools
- Assisting with an Outreach Summer School for children from minority backgrounds. I assisted with both recreational and academic activities.
Summer Social Worker| Centre of English Studies
JUNE 2014 – AUGUST 2014
- Working with EAL children
- Organizing and running sports and recreational activities
- Being responsible for 25 children on day trips to London.
• Knowledge of MS Office
• Fluent in French and German
• Communicating in formal and informal situations
• Used to working to a deadline
• Keen creative writer
• Highly organized and reliable
As well as organizing Royal Russell’s Foodbank collection and working on the Uganda project, I am a strong supporter of charities and a volunteer for the National Trust. I am also a keen amateur writer and freelance translator. In my spare time, I enjoy baking, reading and exercise.
Perfect! Alice is coming on in leaps and bounds and is really benefitting from the one to one help she is receiving from Tiffany. Thanks Tiffany!!
Working with Alice is great! She’s doing really well
Tiffany has a passion for languages and has a natural talent in passing that passion on to her students. She's patient, kind and dedicated and above all, wants to empower her students to succeed.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|