Clarinet, Saxophone & Music Theory Teacher based in Central / SE London. Masters graduate of Royal Academy of Music. Take a look at my profile and feel free to get in touch!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Clarinet & Saxophone (Classical & Jazz)
ABRSM/Trinity Guildhall Exams Grades 1-8
Music Theory Grades 1-5.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Master of Arts (MA) – Royal Academy of Music
Bachelor of Music (BMus Hons) – Royal Northern College of Music
- How much do you charge?
£35 / hour - Clarinet & Saxophone
£35 / hour - Music Theory
Fees may slightly differ depending on travel times and cost.
- Where do you teach?
I teach in various locations across Central London, including: Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea, Marylebone, Notting Hill, Hammersmith, Wandsworth and Lewisham.
For longer travel distances, additional costs may apply.
- When are you available?
I teach most days of the week including daytimes, evenings and weekends. Lessons also available during school holidays. Get in touch for more details.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach a complete range of ages and abilities from complete beginners to post-Grade 8. I also help prepare students for music conservatoire auditions and competitions. Current age range of students range is 7 - 65!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM & Trinity Guildhall instrumental exams Grades 1-8.
ABRSM Music Theory exams Grades 1-5.
Music conservatoire audition preparation.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
If you are interested in online/skype tutoring, please contact me for more information.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I aim to provide a positive and enjoyable environment for students to progress and enjoy music making. So whatever your age, ability, or aims, if you're reading this - get in touch!
- What kind of experience do you have?
Teaching experience includes:
Prospect House School (Putney) - Clarinet & Saxophone Teacher (2016 - )
Chepstow House Prep School (Notting Hill) - Clarinet & Saxophone Teacher (2016 - )
Bromsgrove School, Worcestershire - Clarinet Teacher (2014-2015)
Feature writer for 'Music Teacher' and 'Clarinet & Saxophone' Magazines
Performing experience includes:
City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (CBSO), Phantom of the Opera (West-End Production) St. Petersburg Ballet Theatre (UK Tour 2016), Royal Academy of Music Soloists' Ensemble (Linn Records CD recording)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes. Available upon request.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Royal Academy of Music: Master of Arts (MA) - Tutors: Angela Malsbury (London Mozart Players); Chris Richards (London Symphony Orchestra); Chi-Yu Mo (LSO)
Royal Northern College of Music: BMus (Hons) - Tutors: Nicholas Cox (RLPO); Colin Pownall (BBC Philharmonic); Antonio Salguero (soloist/professor Superior School of Music, Seville)
Other tutors have included: Mark O'Brien (CBSO) & Sarah James (West-End instrumentalist)
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
ISM – Incorporated Society of Musicians
• BMus (Hons) - Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester
• MA (Master of Arts) - Royal Academy of Music, London
• Full CRB/DBS certificate. Most recent certificate issued April 2016
• Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM)
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|