- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Flute (classical and jazz)
Saxophone (classical and jazz)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Qualified as a teacher of the Alexander Technique in 1988 (3 year full time training course)
music teacher diploma Richard-Strauss-Konservatorium Munich 1982
Concert diploma Staatliche Hochschule fuer Musik 1985
- How much do you charge?
Alexander Technique £30 fro 45 min, reduced rates for unemployed negotiable.
Flute/Sax £ 25 for 60min, £20 for 45 min, reduced rates for unemployed negotiable.
- Where do you teach?
- When are you available?
Monday to Friday 9am-8pm
often away at school holidays
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
all ages , all levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM grades, all levels,
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am using Skype.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I am a very experienced teacher, with more than 20 years Alexander Technique and even more flute!
Saxophone and improvising came into my teaching within the last 12 years, but does now have an important place!
- What kind of experience do you have?
30 years teaching experience, while studying in Germany teaching at Music Schools around Stuttgart for 2 years,
from then teaching privately in London and since 1989 in Edinburgh
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Centre for the Alexander Technique, London with Ellie and Peter Ribeaux 3 years
Richard Strauss Konservatorium, Muenchen, with Professr Konrad Hampe 4 years
Staatliche Hochschule Fuer Musik, Stuttgart with Professor Schochow 2 years
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
STAT, Society for Teachers of the Alexander Technique,
- Tell me about some of your current students.
students from 9 to 80,
muscle strengthening lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|