The learning experience should be stimulating and exciting. I have studied language and literature, travelled widely and love discussing and imparting knowledge.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Arabic to degree level
- English literature to A level
- EFL to any level, including exam preparation, Business English, IELTS and FCE.
- I can also help restructure, as well as proofread and edit, coursework essays or exam preparation essays.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BA in Arabic and Middle Eastern studies (Cambridge)
MA in Theoretical Linguistics (SOAS)
Certificate in Arabic Translation from the AUC, Cairo
- How much do you charge?
I charge £20/hr for all subjects, except for Arabic tuition (£25/hr). Depending on distance, I may charge more for travel.
- Where do you teach?
I can teach at home and at students' homes, however, the latter depends on time and distance. I can tutor in Cheadle, Cheadle Hulme, Stockport, South Manchester and Central Manchester. I can also teach via SKYPE to anywhere in the world!
- When are you available?
I am available every day after 14.00.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I can teach all ages.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
If students would like on-line tutoring, this can be conducted via SKYPE, voice, video and chat lessons. Essays and writing focused lessons can be conducted via email and chat.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
For English tuition or Arabic tuition, I'm a tutor that can help you learn real English, with attention to pronunciation, breaking down grammar and vocabulary. With regards to English literature I'll help you communicate, develop self-expression and delve deeper into literary texts to help you get a good mark in your GCSE or A-level.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have taught English as a Foreign Language for over three years, which includes IELTS training. My students found my lessons 'inspirational'. Having learned a foreign language myself, I am very aware of learners' needs. I also have experience volunteering in secondary schools, and tutoring children from 11 onwards.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
American University in Cairo: Diploma in Translation
West-London and Hammersmith College: CELTA (teaching certificate for Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
SOAS (School of African and Oriental Studies):MA
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have A-level English students studying Hamlet, Othello and the Great Gatsby. We talk about the texts together, finding exciting and dynamic ways to interpret texts, and put their thoughts and ideas into intelligent, sophisticated language with coherency and fluency.
I am also teaching an intensive IELTS course to students from Venezuela, Kazakhstan, Turkey and Brazil. We've spent the last few days videoing ourselves doing IELTS speaking parts 1,2 and 3 and analysing their mistakes together, talking about exam techniques and essay structure for IELTS writing part 2 - it's been fun, and they've really improved.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|