My main aim is to make my students independent musicians, broaden their imagination and help to explor their inner world through music.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Cello and Chamber Music.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- I received my BMus from the Academia Nacional Superior de Orquestra, Lisbon- Portugal in 2009 studying with Paulo Gaio Lima. - In 2011 I graduated my Masters of Arts in Performance with Distinction from Royal Academy of Music studying with David Strange, having been awarded the Vivian Joseph Prize and Sholarship. - During my studies at the Royal Academy of Music I having been awarded with a generous sholarships from the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation and the GDA (Musical Managements Copyrights). -I am finishing my LRAM teaching Diploma this April.
- How much do you charge?
Cello: £35 per hour.
Chamber Music: £45 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
I prefer to teach at students' homes. I teach in the following areas: East Central London;North London;South East London;North West London;South West London;West Central London; Croydon;Harrow;Uxbridge;Watford.
- When are you available?
I am usually free on Saturdays, during the week it depends about my schedule at the Royal Academy of Music.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
-ABRSM Grade exams 1-8. -School/conservatoire entry
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- What kind of experience do you have?
Performances and Concert experience 2011/2012 Performance at the Wigmore Hall, Dukes Hall and David Josefowitz Recital Hall, London. 2009 Recordings/live performance for Radio Broadcast: · Brahms's Cello Sonata in F Major; · Fauré's Élégie; · Rachmaninov's Cello Sonata in G minor Piano trio Recitals, Lisbon (in several Concert Halls). 2008 Recordings/live performance for Radio Broadcast: · Prokofiev's Cello Sonata; · Schumann's Five Pieces in Folk Style; · Smetana Trio in G minor; 2007 Beethoven's Triple Concerto, Orchestra of the Academia Nacional Superior, Lisbon (Casino Estoril hall).
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Academia Nacional Superior de Orquestra (Lisbon): BMus- Paulo Gaio Lima Royal Academy of Music (London): Master of Arts in Performance- David Strange
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
European String Teachers Association (British Branch).
• BMus (Academia Nacional Superior de Orquestra, Lisbon)
• Master of Arts in Performance and LRAM teaching Diploma (Royal Academy of Music)
• European String Teachers Association (British Branch) and Incorporated Society of Musicians
chamber music lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£45||£45||Not available|