I make my classes a fun and interesting way to learn languages, all of the lessons teach relevant and useful language skills. I try to include elements from all of the different language skills in each lesson so that my students will feel confident speaking, writing, reading and listening.
I am a recent graduate with a 2:1 in Spanish and Italian. I have been tutoring for about two years, and I have experience as an English language assistant in Valencia University. I also offered group conversation lessons after class with the students, and it was great to see them gain in confidence and fluidity, even after only a short amount of time.
I am currently tutoring five students who have all progressed great amounts since beginning lessons with me.
I am a student at Bangor University studying Spanish and Italian. The third year of the course gave me the opportunity to study in Valencia and Florence. During this time, I grew a lot as a person, becoming more confident and developing stronger intrapersonal skills. In addition to studying the languages abroad, I used my time to learn about the culture and to travel.
At the end of the Erasmus year I travelled around the South of Italy for a fortnight on my own. This involved me planning routes, organizing trains, flights, and hostels throughout the trip.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Bangor University BA Hons Spanish and Italian (2016-20)
• In addition to studying Italian and Spanish languages, I have learnt about the history and culture of both countries, some elements of linguistics and literature. I have written a dissertation based on Spanish politics.
• In Valencia University I studied a module called Español para extranjeros in which I learnt the theory behind teaching Spanish as a foreign language, however this could be applied to teaching any language as a foreign language.
• In Florence University I took a similar course called Didactics of modern languages, I learnt a lot about different language acquisition theories and different learning disabilities which could affect the ability to learn a language.
• TEFL Certified.
• West Kirby Grammar School
• A-Levels 2016
• Psychology – B
• Spanish – C
• Art textiles – C
• 11 GCSE’s A*-C including English, Maths and Further Maths
• Nicholls Ice Cream 2018
o Worked in a team at a busy ice cream shop
o Served customers and dealt with complaints.
o Worked the till
o Ensured a high level of food hygiene.
• CHAOS, West Kirby Primary school, 2015-16
o I worked as a play worker in an after-school club.
o Ensured security to keep the children safe
o Organized arts and crafts activities for the children.
o Made snacks when required and tidied up after them.
• Atrium Restaurant, Waitress, 2014-2016
o Trained new staff and supported other members of the team.
o Maintained a positive attitude during the busiest times of the day.
o Worked as a part of a team to ensure the food and drinks were delivered on time and to a high quality.
o Dealt with customer complaints and gained confidence speaking to the public in a professional environment.
• West Kirby Primary School- From April 2015 – July 2016 I volunteered as a teaching assistant in both a year 4 and a year 6 class.
o Taught the children English and Maths alongside the main teacher.
o Offered support to the children who needed extra help, usually working one on one or in small groups.
o Organised the planning and paperwork with the teacher before school started to ensure that the day ran smoothly.
• English Language Assistant (párcticas externas), Valencia University- One of the modules I chose to take whilst studying at Valencia University involved helping in English language lessons and doing language practices with the students outside of class.
o Offered extra support during university lectures, with learners from all levels, ranging from beginners up to C1.
o Explained different grammatical structures to help the students and offered conversation practice where I would correct their pronunciation and mistakes.
o Guided students through Cambridge English practice exam papers and explained why they may have made any errors.
• GAB School of Languages. – online language tutor May 2020- now.
o Teaching English, Spanish and Italian language classes online to students of all abilities.
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
• Langsoc- I was the Social Secretary of Langsoc (languages society) at Bangor University. (2019-20)
• Organised events for students most weeks including the weekly language exchange, pub quizzes, parties, and food nights.
• Supported the club in the Fresher’s Fair by speaking to students to get them to join and then organised a welcome night.
• Communicated with different venues to host our events, also negotiating discounts for the students.
• Promoted all the events on social media to ensure high turn outs; this was particularly important for the international food night as it was necessary that people brought food along for the night to be a success.
• Liaised with other societies to make joint events such as Oktoberfest and Latino Fiesta, I arranged with them the dates and times to meet up to plan the events including agreeing on a venue, what food we would provide and budgeting.
• Worked with the student union’s club to collaborate an event in which I provided the music, decorations, and publicity.
• Ice skating – I have ice skated at Deeside Arena since I was 8. I have advanced through numerous different levels of achievement, which involve being marked by a national examiner. I have also taken part in individual competitions within the club and represented the club at different rinks throughout the UK. I have also performed in the annual club shows, which involve rehearsing and performing in a group.
• Dancing – Since starting University I have taken up dancing. I have enjoyed learning numerous styles of dance, many of which I had not done previously. I have performed in a show each semester. I have also represented Bangor University at Varsity in a street dance team.
• Surfing – during my time studying in Valencia I picked up surfing as a new hobby, which also allowed me to meet more people and learn a new skill, I have been able to continue with this hobby in my spare time.
Emma has prepared for her lessons in advance, ensuring there is more than enough content to go through during the lessons and provides homework if required. She is reliable and makes the lessons fun and interesting.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|