For an essay writing workshop you can bring me an essay and we'll go through it together, structuring and formulating arguments efficiently.
For languages, I can offer conversation workshops, writing and comprehension exercises, adhering to a syllabus I used to structure my classes while teaching in a University in Mexico.
I am a student at the University of Cambridge (Latin American Studies). I studied my undergraduate degree in St Andrews (French and Spanish). I worked for one year as a teacher in a Mexican University, teaching French and English. I edit articles for publication in journals and I am also a salsa teacher, however on this platform I can offer essay writing and language help.
Oliver Paul Scott
2018-2019 University of Cambridge
MPhil Latin American Studies
2013 -2018 University of St Andrews
MA (HONS) Spanish and French: 1st Class
2006- 2013 The Coopers’ Company and Coborn Sixth Form/School
A Level July 2013: AAAB (Economics, French, Maths & Further Maths)
GCSE July 2011: 6 A*s and 5 As
Alex Richardson Award 2017
£1000 prize awarded on academic merit to two students to carry out an imaginative project in Latin America (documentary on migration through Mexico to U.S).
Walker Trust Scholarship 2017
£500 awarded on academic merit to one student based on a travel project proposal.
University of St Andrews Dean’s List 2017
For ‘exceptional academic achievement’.
May 2016- Present FIOCRUZ, Rio De Janeiro, EDITOR
Editing scientific texts translated for publication in British journals.
Sep 2015- Sep 2016 Universidad Autónoma De México (UAM), Ciudad de México, Teacher
One year living in Mexico City, giving lectures, lessons and conferences to students and professionals on economic and cultural topics related to the UK.
Skills and interests
- Languages – British English (native), Spanish (C2), French (C2) and Portuguese (B2)
- Quantitative/analytical – study of Economics and Mathematics to undergraduate level.
- Communication – ability to connect with people from all linguistic and cultural backgrounds gained through international work experience.
- Leadership/initiative – independently writing, directing and producing a documentary in Mexico (2017); President of Ballroom and Latin Dance Society (2017).
- Dance – I teach a weekly Salsa class to St Andrews students and locals and compete with the university dance team in competitions across the country.
Dr. Ana Pereira, Researcher, FIOCRUZ, (concealed information)
Dr. Maricarmen Sanjuan Pérez, Coordinator, UAM, (concealed information)
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|