Hi, I'm Miqueas, a French and philosophy student at Oxford University. My lessons are mainly geared towards students who are learning French in school, up to students who are applying to university.
Each lesson will normally be focusing on one particular piece of work- an essay or upcoming speaking test, for example. From this piece of work, I branch out into the wider skill that it falls into; in the case of the essay, for example, I would go into grammar, vocabulary, or general writing skills.
I am very passionate about listening to my students, and learning what it is they need from teaching. I am aware that mainstream schools apply a 'one size fits all' approach to teaching, and not all students benefit from this as much as others. Individual tutoring is an invaluable opportunity to really engage with a student and focus on the aspects of learning that fall through the cracks in school, and this is what I aim to achieve in my tutoring.
I have extensive experience in tutoring and mentoring, starting from my first year of sixth form. Throughout my time in sixth form, I tutored GCSE Spanish & French students, and also mentored LGBT students who were struggling with their identity. I also worked as a volunteer teaching assistant at a local primary school in my last year of school.
I am trained in peer support/student welfare, and LGBT welfare. I am currently employed by an American mentoring company, tutoring students outside of the UK applying to Oxbridge.
Tutees won't be charged for cancellations if a different time can be mutually agreed on within 10 days of the original lesson.
Miqueas Lopez Woodward
University of Oxford, Exeter College, BA Philosophy and Modern Languages (French) 2018 – 2022
Northampton School for Boys, Northamptonshire 2016 – 2018
- A levels: Spanish A*, French A, Music A
- Awarded Stopford Sackville Award for Academic Excellence
MyMentor, Oxbridge Application Mentor 2020 –
Turl Street Arts Festival 2020, President 2019 – 2020
- Role included forming a committee and delegating work, problem solving when issues arose
- Liaising with staff members from different colleges and Oxfordshire County Council in order to organise events
- Social media marketing & creation of merchandise
Northamptonshire Music and Performing Arts Trust, Volunteer 2018 –
- Helping set up performances behind stage
- Organising introductory music courses for younger students wanting to join orchestras or play new instruments
- Assisted with translation on a tour to Spain with the Northamptonshire County Youth Orchestra
Theatre of Northampton School for Boys, Theatre Volunteer 2017 –
- Liaising with staff
- Guiding people from rehearsals to the stage, setting up the stage in preparation for performances
Bridgewater Primary School, Teaching Assistant 2016 – 2017
- Helped with work in the classroom teaching Spanish to Years 3 and 4
- Planning and giving lessons
DSV Warehouses, Admin Assistant/Assistant Data Analyst 2016
- Involved using a small number of data analysis programmes (mostly Microsoft Excel) in order to write up and analyse data
Languages: English (fluent); Spanish (fluent: C1/C2); French (conversational: B1/B2)
Music: Oboe Grade 8; Piano Grade 8; Principal Oboe of Northamptonshire County Youth Orchestra 2015 – 2018, County Youth Concert Band 2017 – 2018, County Wind Dectet 2015 – 2018, Arnold Quintet 2017 – 2018
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£16||£16|
|5 hours||Not available||£70||£80|
|10 hours||Not available||£130||£160|