First, I try to ascertain my student's best way of retaining information: i.e. is he or she a visual, audio, oral or verbal learner? I subsequently base my lessons on their best learning style, while familiarising them with methods best used for exams. I am patient and keen to help people learn. This influences my style of teaching.
Enthusiastic about all things languages and humanities related. I have a 2.1 degree from Cambridge University in Modern and Medieval languages and currently work as a marketing assistant. I have two years tutoring experience in Dutch (my native language) and Maths at KS3 level. I love engaging with people at an academic level and tutoring is one of the best ways to do so!
I would like notice of cancellation no later than 2 hours before our lesson. If you cancel with less than an hour's notice, you will incur a cost of 20% of my tariff.
Email: (concealed information)
2014 -2018 University of Cambridge (Clare College)
BA (Hons) Modern and Medieval Languages
Grade 2.1 with a mark of special excellency in the Italian Oral Examination
2012-2014 Bullers Wood School, Kent
A-Levels: Geography (A), German (A), Italian (A), General Studies (A)
AS Level: Product Design (A)
2007-2012 GCSEs: 8 A*, 4 A including English, Maths and Science
October 2018 - Present. I work as marketing and sales assistant at WIGgIT Ltd.
June 2018 – Bar team leader for Murray Edwards College garden party. My colleague and I managed a team of 30 employees in the busiest department and had to be organised in meeting hygiene and consumer demands.
December 2017 – Exam invigilator and mentor for sixth-form interviewees at Clare College. Provided pastoral and practical care to over 40 students.
March 2017 – Temporary interpreter for a medicinal firm in Italy. Translated Italian prescriptions and health test results for English-speaking clients.
August 2016 – Waitress for Yo-Sushi in London. Provided assistance to customers, managed their queries and developed a good rapport with them by anticipating their requirements. This was the case for large families and customers with disabilities and new clients.
July 2012 – Undertook two weeks work experience at Crofton Design Engineering in London, where I picked up skills for computer aided design tools.
2011-2013 – Tutored Dutch and Maths at Key Stage Two Level during my GCSE and A-Level exams.
* Strong communication and teamwork skills, including collaborative nature and flexibility to work in unfamiliar environments and within diverse teams.
* Time management. My degree honed this skill, as I often had to meet competing deadlines.
* Attention to detail, gained from translation exercises, applicable to data entry and administration.
* Innovative and lateral thinking. Desire to apply alternative but suitable solutions to creative issues.
Additional skills and interests
* English (native), Dutch (native), Italian (proficient)
* German (proficient), Portuguese (advanced), Polish (beginner)
* Competent with Microsoft Office. Can pick up new digital concepts quickly.
Referees available on request
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£22||£22|