I am a Psychology graduate, with a BSc and MSc, offering lessons to undergraduate and postgraduate Psychology students. I offer one-to-one personal tutoring and group tutoring depending on what fits better for yourself.
My lesson structure is often focused on practical tasks, to help individuals learn and understand the content, alongside having the skills necessary to apply this information. The first lesson will focus on what areas the tutee would like to improve most, I will often send over small tasks for the tutee to complete and send back to me so I can see what areas need the most improvement. This will then allow me to create a detailed plan for future tutoring.
For coursework based tasks, I will help the tutee understand the task at hand and help break down any part of the question which may be causing concern. I will help with proof reading, formatting and referencing alongside pointing the tutee to useful information and papers.
For exam based tasks, I will help the tutee both remember and understand the information through mock tests, flash cards and board game style activities.
I am an MSc Clinical and Health Psychology graduate from Newcastle University, with a specific focus on developmental disorder and co-morbid mental health problems. I have been studying and working within developmental psychology for the past three years.
With past research assistant experience, and both undergraduate and postgraduate training, I have six years of working with SPSS and quantitative data and two years of experience in qualitative data and thematic analysis. I have in-depth understanding of writing and reporting statistics in APA style.
I have six months experience as a tutor, working with an individual toward achieving an A+ in their A-Level psychology Grade. They achieved this and were accepted to study Psychology BSc at their first choice university.
Newcastle University: September 2018 - August 2019
MSc Foundations in Clinical and Health Psychology, Merit
Conducted group work, creating mock health interventions focusing on increasing pap-smear attendance in young women.
Worked effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team under to carry out research looking into suicidality within autistic populations. My roles were:
- Recruiting autism researchers, charities and policy makers
- Analyse large quantities of qualitative data
- This research was presented to the International Society for Autism Research at a Priority Setting Partnership in April 2019 at Nottingham University.
Accomplished a dissertation research project which allowed me to:
- Design a dissertation research project at Newcastle University
- Focus research on increasing the wellbeing and quality of life within the ASD community and how the use of Animal Assisted Therapies can be used to overcome this.
- Execute a systematic review of previous RCTs and observational experiments
- Focus my discussion on the role of the NHS within allowing individuals from disadvantaged socio-economic groups, and vulnerable groups, to have access to the mental health care they need.
Abertay University: September 2013 -July 2017
BSc Psychology (Hons), (2:1)
Developed team skills through group projects, such as looking into the adverse mental health effects of advertising on developing children
Undertook psychological and sociological research methods which gave me four years of comprehensive training in quantitative and qualitative analysis
Conducted an undergraduate thesis which allowed me to:
- Developed a research question and research design focusing on the effects of good quality housing and enrichment of experimental animals have on psychological research.
- Conducted quantitative data analysis through SPSS
- Reported findings within an academic APA standard report
Related work experience:
Tutored in Psychology A-Level, tutee received A+ in Psychology A-level, and was given place at her first choice University to study Psychology.
Research Assistant working with Newcastle and Nottingham Universities to carry out a piece of research looking into suicidal tendencies within Autistic individuals. My main roles were recruiting individuals and carrying out thematic analysis on large scale qualitative data sets. This research was presented at the International Society for Autism Research at a Priority Setting Partnership in April 2019 at Nottingham University, where 10 future research priorities and questions were established.
- Comprehensive understanding of SPSS and quantitative data analysis
- In-depth understanding of NVIVO and qualitative data analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Proficient in Google G Suite including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms and draw.io diagrams.
Jasmine and I worked collaboratively on a couple of projects during our postgraduate course. During our time together, Jasmine showed great leadership skills and patience when working with others. She was very clear, dedicated, and articulate when explaining ideas to our peers in instances when topics were challenging. I would recommend Jasmine to anyone in search of a tutor for psychology as she is very knowledgeable in the subject and knows how to break down topics into more digestable pieces.
psychology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sociology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, social skills lessons for all!
Taking social communication lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£105||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£150|