Most of my teaching time has been spent with students in secondary education, with a focus on maths, economics, and history. My teaching methodology is one that aims to improve students' confidence as a first priority, enabling them to feel that the challenges they face are manageable and surmountable. Key to this approach is affirming and then building upon a student's knowledge base - in this way, students are empowered to move away from memorisation and toward the ability to command and apply concepts across various contexts.
I have degrees in economics, politics, philosophy, and history, and am a qualified TESOL teacher. I have 7 years of experience in designing educational materials (including lesson plans, worksheets, games, etc.) for and teaching students in primary- to university-level education.
- Matriculated from St John's College with 7 distinctions including 92% in mathematics.
- Obtained TESOL teaching qualification.
- Tutored secondary school mathematics.
- Joined Equal Education as a tutor and political education trainer.
- Graduated from the University of Cape Town with a BSocSci in Politics, Philosophy and Economics.
- Dean's Merit List
- Recipient of UCT Commerce entrance scholarship.
- Graduated from the University of Cape Town with a BA Honours in Economic History (first class).
- Recipient of National Research Foundation Honours Innovation Scholarship.
- Appointed Head of Campaigns at Equal Education.
- Appointed Head of Western Cape Office at Equal Education.
- Appointed National Training and Organising Coordinator at Equal Education.
- Started MSc at SOAS, University of London.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|