I offer tuition to students up to A-Level Mathematics (preferably core mathematics or statistics), regardless of current ability. I am an extremely friendly and approachable individual, open to as many questions as my students have.
I structure lessons with an initial discussion of the topic area and uses, followed by demonstrations, explanations and examples to illustrate the key concepts. I frequently question my students to gauge their understanding and I then provide questions for the student to complete. I go through these questions and ultimately aim to equip the student with a strong understanding of the material.
I recently completed an MSc in Statistics at Imperial College London, obtaining a Merit. Prior to that, I studied towards a BSc in Mathematics at UCL, where I obtained First Class Honors. I have obtained A* grades in Mathematics (GCSE and A-Level) and Further Mathematics (A-Level). I have excellent subject knowledge across several areas of Mathematics, with a focus on statistics.
I have previously tutored GCSE students on a one-to-one basis and group environments through voluntary and paid experiences. Previous students had seen improvements between 12 and 23 percent from their initial baseline tests.
For A-Level tuition, the rate will be at £30 per hour.
Address: London E-mail: (concealed information)
September 2017 – September 2018: Imperial College London
MSc Statistics: Developed knowledge across theoretical and applied statistics with core modules including Probability for Statistics, Fundamentals of Statistical Inference, Computational Statistics and Applied Statistics. Additional modules included Survival Models & Actuarial Applications, Algorithmic Trading & Machine Learning, Statistics for Extreme Events, Pricing & Hedging in Financial Markets, Financial Econometrics, and Bayesian Data Analysis
September 2013 – August 2016: University College London (UCL)
BSc Mathematics: Obtained First Class Honours with notable modules studied including Probability and Statistics (A), Financial Mathematics (A), Mathematical Logic (A) and Accounting for Business (A)
September 2011 - August 2013: Barking Abbey Sixth Form
A-Levels: Mathematics (A*), Further Mathematics (A*), Economics (A*); AS-Levels: Physics (A)
September 2006 - August 2011: Barking Abbey School
11 GCSEs including Mathematics (A*), Double Science (A*) and English Literature (A)
October 2016 – March 2017: Team Up (Voluntary)
As a Team Up volunteer, I was assigned to a partner school where I delivered weekly tuition to a group of 4 children in preparation for their GCSE mathematics examinations.
• Helped students to improve between 12 and 23 pc from their initial baseline test to their final progress test
• Communicated difficult concepts whilst simultaneously gauging my students’ understanding
• Planned lessons in accordance with the material provided to me, as well as using my own judgement to assess areas of development for each student
March 2014 – May 2014: Action Tutoring (Voluntary)
I tutored a student in Mathematics once a week, working through topic areas specific to their course and assisted them through material provided by the school.
Skills & Achievements
• Team Up Leadership Award (Bronze), SSAT 2017
• Outstanding Academic Achievement award, Barking Abbey Sixth Form 2012 - 2013
• Economics achievement award, Barking Abbey Sixth Form 2012 - 2013
• Student of the Year, Barking Abbey Sixth Form 2011-2012
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
Interests and other activities
• Completed a language beginner course in Arabic, Imperial College London 2016 - 2017
• Obtained an A grade in French Level 1, UCL 2013 - 2014
• Actively take part in football, weekly boxing and regularly visiting the gym
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|