My current role as an Economics Expert involves helping students from high school to college in Economics. I am open to tutoring anyone in related fields. My teaching methods often involve the use of practical/real-life examples. I also try to provide numerical examples to establish a stronger understanding of the subject, especially when theory alone cannot suffice the explanation. My teaching methods include oral, written and/or visual explanations depending on the topic. Since I have experience in teaching in-person as well as online, I will be flexible in the medium through which I will be providing my tutoring services.
I describe myself as someone who is very patient and thus willing to adapt my teaching techniques based on individual preferences.
I currently work as an Economics Expert for Chegg and have an undergraduate degree in Management Science from the University of California, San Diego. I graduated with a 3.9/4 GPA and my degree has focused on intermediate topics in Microeconomics. I have worked previously as a Tutor for a year at my university, tutoring over 100 students in Managerial Accounting and Economics class. I have conducted office hours to facilitate smaller group discussions for students and graded exams during my job as a tutor. I have experience in tutoring, both, in person as well as online.
Rates may vary based on the amount of travel required and the level of the student.
Cancellation policy: A Cancellation fees of £5 for canceling 48 hours prior to the session start time and the full session fees for canceling anytime after 48 hours before the session start time for the student
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA
• Bachelor of Science with a major in Management Science
• Awards: Department Honors with Distinction
Magna Cum Laude
• Minor field: Business
• GPA: 3.905
• Date of Graduation: June 2017 (Graduated in three years)
• Relevant Coursework:
• Operations Research • Innovations to Market
• Financial Markets • Econometrics
• Financial Accounting • Managerial Accounting
• Personal Financial Management • Personal Ethics at work
• Product Promotion and Brand Marketing • Enterprise Finance
• Global Business Strategy • Intermediate Microeconomics
• Decisions Under Uncertainty • Economics & Business Forecasting
• Extension School 2016
Relevant Coursework: Investment Theory and Applications (at Graduate Level):
Portfolio and Diversification Theory, Short-term and Long-term
investments, Security trading, International investing and Mutual funds
• Summer School 2013
Relevant Coursework: Principles of Economics: Micro: Supply and Demand,
Economic Decision Making, Social Efficiency, Perfect and Imperfect Competition, Labor Markets, Capital Markets, and Market Failures.
o Financial Accounting: Recording, Summarizing and Reporting the flow of financial information.
London School of Economics
London, United Kingdom
• Summer School 2015
Relevant Course Work: Finance: Net Present Value calculations, Valuation of
Equity and Fixed Income Instruments, Mean-Variance Analysis, Market Efficiency, CAPM, Derivative Instruments and IPO
Economics Expert, Chegg, India
• October 2017 till date.
• Assist students who need help on assignments by answering questions online
• Adhere to Academic Integrity
• Provide clear and concise answers for questions posted online
Teaching Assistant, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA
• January 2016 to June 2017
• Tutoring around 200 students each quarter for Managerial Accounting class and Econometrics class
• Hold sessions to facilitate smaller group discussions
• Ensuring Academic Integrity in class room
• Grading exams
Website Developing and Designing, Shree Raj Jewellers, Secunderabad, Telangana
• June 2016 to August 2016
• Provide creative ideas to develop on the company’s e-commerce website
• Constantly update the website and track day-to-day sales
Sales and Marketing Associate, Serendipite, Secunderabad, Telangana
• August 2016
• Provide marketing and management services for a startup- Serendipite (Jewelry firm)
• Organizing the first event and following up on finance
• Marketing the company throughout the city using various modern marketing strategies
• Achieved target revenue of 500,000 Rupees just on the first day
• Ensuring timely delivery of our products to customers
Sales Associate, Shree Raj Jewellers, Secunderabad 50003, Telangana
• June 2015
• Was part of the sales team at the Hitex International Jewelry Fare
• Assist the sales team at the three-day fare
• Checking in-store stock and maintaining it according to demand
• Ensuring close involvement of sales representatives at point-of-sale with customers
• Fluent in 4 languages: English, Hindi, Gujarati and Telugu
• High proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Spreadsheets
• Can work with data on STATA and Matlab
• Experience working on case projects through business and finance classes
• Strong background in data analysis developed through work experience and course work
• Work effectively within a team as well as independently
• Proven communication and leadership abilities through work experience
• ECO club in high school: Spreading awareness of the harmful uses of plastic bags in the city malls by distributing cloth bags.
• Old age homes for charity
• Volunteered for an NGO as a scriber for visually handicapped student
• Freshman Peer Mentor
• Delegation for Mozambique at Harvard Model United Nations
• Director in the Office of College Affairs at University of California, San Diego
Good! Bhavya was able to provide the fundamentals to economics and was able to explain the concepts. I was able to understand what needed to be delivered despite it being done over skype so overall it was pleasant.
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business studies lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, management lessons for all!
Taking marketing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||Not available||£15|